Deltec USA is now on R2R!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

scottsweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a user of the original Theilling Rollermat and over the past 3y the ClariSea, I am really interested in the Deltec Fleece filters. Unfortunately, I cannot find one single review online, YouTube or otherwise. If you have any reviews/links you can share it would be most appreciated. The Deltec units have some really interesting design choices with I believe will lead to higher durability and less issues (as well as easy roll replacement which is the ban of current rollers) but at almost twice the price for the unit, but above all the rolls, I need to see some first hand experiences to take the plunge :)
See my overview above....

I am replacing my Thieling Rollermat myself. I have to install it in to a small tank I am having made.

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where does the filtered water leave the device?

Is there a max water height it can go in or an Ideal water height?

How often do you have to adjust the screw to raise/lower motor? Every time it starts to fill up or how frequently does it need adjustment to not fill up one side?

Watched the video but still confused, have never used a roller mat.

Last edited:

scottsweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where does the filtered water leave the device?

Is there a max water height it can go in or an Ideal water height?

How often do you have to adjust the screw to raise/lower motor? Every time it starts to fill up or how frequently does it need adjustment to not fill up one side?

Watched the video but still confused, have never used a roller mat.
The water leaves from the bottom. If you watch the video, in the middle...6:45 min in.

Ideal height = the bottom of the water level should be about 7-7.25" from the bottom.

Adjustment on the screw...probably on each time you put in a new roll. I have not used it yet...so I don't have direct feedback on that one.

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water leaves from the bottom. If you watch the video, in the middle...6:45 min in.

Ideal height = the bottom of the water level should be about 7-7.25" from the bottom.

Adjustment on the screw...probably on each time you put in a new roll. I have not used it yet...so I don't have direct feedback on that one.
Thanks!!!! Just 2 more questions scott, is that 7" figure different for the VF 6000, forgot to mention I'm interested in the larger one.

After loading a new roll, the motor typically needs to be moved higher (not lower) over time as used side fills up correct or do I have that backwards.

scottsweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!!! Just 2 more questions scott, is that 7" figure different for the VF 6000, forgot to mention I'm interested in the larger one.

After loading a new roll, the motor typically needs to be moved higher (not lower) over time as used side fills up correct or do I have that backwards.
As for the water level of ~7"..no. The units are exactly the same height...the difference is the width.

I don't think you will need to adjust the motor much...I would think it would be set it once for any given roll and that is it. That said, I haven't used it yet...so I don't know. @DeltecUSA can probably answer this one.

I wanted to put something online before I used it because it is more interesting to actually show the product. I haven't used it yet to have those details...I will do an update after I have it running for a bit.

Last edited:

naked_dog_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

We are so excited to be back in the USA and on R2R as a new platinum sponsor!

Here's a quick intro on who we are - Deltec USA was started in 2019 as a strategic partnership with Deltec Germany (GmbH) for Deltec sales and distribution as well as warranty claims and customer service. As Deltec GmbH’s long-standing customer for custom reef aquarium installations, Deltec USA was a natural progression for representation of the Deltec brand in the USA. Deltec USA is well-positioned to provide sales and customer service from its Fort Lauderdale, Florida location. With dozens of protein skimmers, calcium reactors, media reactors and kalkwasser stirrers in operation, Deltec USA can speak from experience and help you with all your Deltec needs. Live customer support and a large inventory of products rounds out our mission to provide the best possible Deltec experience.

You can find all of our advanced aquarium equipment on our new website, www.deltecdirectusa.com.

If you have deltec a question for us or have some equipment you would like to show off, post it here!

Deltec-Website-launch-Image.jpg
Welcome to reef2reef !!! I run a deltec sc1455 on my system

shnapper20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you think
Yes..I have been using it for some time....it is doing its job.

IMG_1469.jpeg IMG_1468.jpeg IMG_1464.jpeg
your install looks tidy , the reason I asked about the micron size was the clarisea that reefbuilders reviewed appeared to be useable with lanthium chloride. Their size was 20microns. I have in the past dosed lanth into a fine filter sock when the phosphates have crept up, I could continue to do that but it would be easier if I could dose into the roller filter. Are you running yours on a separate pump? and are you happy with it compared to your previous roller filter? thanks john

scottsweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you think

your install looks tidy , the reason I asked about the micron size was the clarisea that reefbuilders reviewed appeared to be useable with lanthium chloride. Their size was 20microns. I have in the past dosed lanth into a fine filter sock when the phosphates have crept up, I could continue to do that but it would be easier if I could dose into the roller filter. Are you running yours on a separate pump? and are you happy with it compared to your previous roller filter? thanks john
My source is from the overflow line directly...I don’t use a pump.

I don’t know the micron rating of the filter floss from Deltic. You will need to ask them directly. From what I have heard if you use Lanthanum chloride it needs to be at least a 10 micron filter to capture the flocculant. 10 micron filters would plug up very quickly if it was used as a normal filter sock.

I like it much better than the Theiling Rollermat...that thing was a piece of junk.

shnapper20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks scott there is little to none in the way of user reviews out there. jake adams from reef builders does this one.https://reefbuilders.com/2020/04/08/deltec-fleece-filter-review-the-new-king-of-automatic-filter-rolls/ I found this https://www.facebook.com/deltecusa Unlike other Filter Fleece Rollers on the market using 20 micron fleece material, the Deltec VF Series Fleece Filter uses ~50 micron fleece rolls to decrease replacement intervals!⁣ ⁣ ⁣ , it looks like ill still be using a filters sock for lanth. Im glad your happy with the unit.

scottsweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks scott there is little to none in the way of user reviews out there. jake adams from reef builders does this one.https://reefbuilders.com/2020/04/08/deltec-fleece-filter-review-the-new-king-of-automatic-filter-rolls/ I found this https://www.facebook.com/deltecusa Unlike other Filter Fleece Rollers on the market using 20 micron fleece material, the Deltec VF Series Fleece Filter uses ~50 micron fleece rolls to decrease replacement intervals!⁣ ⁣ ⁣ , it looks like ill still be using a filters sock for lanth. Im glad your happy with the unit.
There is a company that makes roll material of many types. You could buy it from them....https://preconfilter.com/products - they sell a 10 micron roll....

OP
OP
Deltec USA

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question any plans on putting a drain in the 600s and do you have an auto head cleaner, I need a drain I travel.
Yes. After numerous requests for the 400i and 600i to have a drain line, Deltec went ahead and produced them. They will be landing and ready to go in late November!

Fishy Jacket

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott,

Any new learnings over the last 4 months of operation? How often are you changing the roller now?

Thanks,
Steve

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back