Deltec USA Protein Skimmers: Q & A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Derek4real

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several years ago I bought a Deltec AP701. I can't find any manufacturer specs of this model since you guys revamped the website and my older unit is unlikely supported.

I'm just now getting ready to use it on my next set up.

What would you suggested GPH-wise for the feed pump?
What rating would you say this skimmer is capable of handling?

OP
OP
Deltec USA

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several years ago I bought a Deltec AP701. I can't find any manufacturer specs of this model since you guys revamped the website and my older unit is unlikely supported.

I'm just now getting ready to use it on my next set up.

What would you suggested GPH-wise for the feed pump?
What rating would you say this skimmer is capable of handling?
The Deltec AP701 is rated for a 380gal aquarium at 450-475gph in normal operation.

OP
OP
Deltec USA

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will inquire with Deltec GmbH. Curious, what are you looking to control? The pump speed is fixed based on the skimmer size to get the ideal amount of air injection.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To reduce the speed when in feed mode instead of turning off completely. I don't turn off my return pump, but lower the speed of the pump, which creates a small rise in water level, so it would be nice not to turn it off, but change when feeding. But realize it's a semi unique circumstance.

OP
OP
Deltec USA

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Deltec USA do you sell the neck cleaning attachment separately? I tried sending an email, but it was rejected. I'm looking for the manual cleaner for the sca 1351.
We received your email! Let us know if you did not receive our response. @minus9

SifuMemphis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Deltec USA I have rsr525 xl, and thinking about getting 600i or the 1000i. Right now the tank is lightly stocked but still growing out the Sps Frags.
If I went with the 1000i to future proof, will having a bigger skimmer cause issues with the skimming? I read that sometimes skimmers too big for the tank can have issues dialing in

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im curious on I or IX other than pump or wattage.. operates the same? is one quieter? i have a bubble magus that works but man i can hear the hum from 20 feet away.. i love when skimmer turns off because the tank is quiet lol. and people say BM is quiet.. either it is and i dont have experience with any other skimmer... or i dunno.. maybe wanna replace it.. but id hate to do it if i plan on going from my waterbox 130.4 to a custom 72x36x20 in future.. its like double purchase!

Frenzel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy a vectra pump, that will drown out everything else problem solved!!

Seriously, buy two (one may work) SANDVIVA pot holders from IKEA to put under it. Did the job for me and is now pretty dammed silent.(take note, pretty danged silent does not actually mean silent but I can’t detect it over the vectra up close)

Just waiting for ecotech to work out something with ikea now....

Back