Deltec USA would love to hear what YOU want!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deltec-Tell-Us-What-You-Want-To-Hear.jpg

Fellow reefers!

We would like to thank you all again for the amazing support given towards the launch of Deltec USA. As our company continues to grow throughout the US, we intend to continue educating and keep you updated on all things Deltec. We have so much we are excited to share with you, like the several notable features of our protein skimmers and calcium reactors that makes our brand stick out from the rest.

We have countless qualifying elements in our products that we will continue to share with you all, but we are curious as to what content you personally are interested in!

Maybe you are drawn to a certain aspect in one (or more) of our products, and would like to learn some more about it, don’t hesitate to leave a comment with your recommendation in the comments below.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me personally, I am interested in equipment that is compatible with controllers via a 0-10v interface. I want to slow the skimmer down during feed mode without losing the entire foam head, etc.

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a brand that I make products considered to of "higher" quality compared to the rest, it would be nice if you could put more thought into the controllers of your skimmers. Make your skimmer controllers IP66 with the right fittings to prevent electrical issues. For my 600i, whenever I plug or unplug the controller, there is a spark at the point where the power adapter connects to the controller.

Not everyone has giant rooms to house their electrical components and often times they are in close proximity to water and humidity and salt creep. If you made the controllers IP66, then there would be less concern about electrical hazards. The only brand I know of that has pump/skimmer controllers like this is Royal Exclusiv.

Not sure you need to add more to your skimmer line, but improving on it and doubling down on quality would be great.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
For me personally, I am interested in equipment that is compatible with controllers via a 0-10v interface. I want to slow the skimmer down during feed mode without losing the entire foam head, etc.

That's a great idea... that could be achieved with most DC run skimmers on the market today.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better support! I loved my Deltec skimmers but recently changed to another brand because getting parts was like pulling teeth. Waiting a month or two for replacements was so painful. Wish you guys the best.

OP
OP
Deltec USA

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only product Deltec sells with a 0-10v interface is the automatic CRTT calcium reactor controller for night mode operation.

For slowing the feed mode during skimming, the DC pump would have to be manually turned down as the feed mode turns it off completely for 10 minutes. Only the DC pumps have variable speed, not the AC. The skimmer is designed to run at a set flow rate for the proper air venturi mix. Presently, we do not have the option you are requesting however we thank you for bringing it to our attention as we will pass this along to our factory in Germany and see what we can do.

OP
OP
Deltec USA

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ide love to see an automated calcium reactor from you guys! One that comes with a continuous duty pump like PAC Sun and Destaco
Our CRTT Automated Calcium reactor operates just like the Destaco model and is actually one of the only other calcium reactors like it on the market using co2 saturation. There is a continuous recirculation pump on the reactor which keeps the water moving through constantly. The water feed pump is controlled based on the aquarium calcium and alkalinity demand and settings that the user defines.

OP
OP
Deltec USA

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a brand that I make products considered to of "higher" quality compared to the rest, it would be nice if you could put more thought into the controllers of your skimmers. Make your skimmer controllers IP66 with the right fittings to prevent electrical issues. For my 600i, whenever I plug or unplug the controller, there is a spark at the point where the power adapter connects to the controller.

Not everyone has giant rooms to house their electrical components and often times they are in close proximity to water and humidity and salt creep. If you made the controllers IP66, then there would be less concern about electrical hazards. The only brand I know of that has pump/skimmer controllers like this is Royal Exclusiv.

Not sure you need to add more to your skimmer line, but improving on it and doubling down on quality would be great.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will pass this along to the factory.

adobo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deltec-Tell-Us-What-You-Want-To-Hear.jpg

Fellow reefers!

We would like to thank you all again for the amazing support given towards the launch of Deltec USA. As our company continues to grow throughout the US, we intend to continue educating and keep you updated on all things Deltec. We have so much we are excited to share with you, like the several notable features of our protein skimmers and calcium reactors that makes our brand stick out from the rest.

We have countless qualifying elements in our products that we will continue to share with you all, but we are curious as to what content you personally are interested in!

Maybe you are drawn to a certain aspect in one (or more) of our products, and would like to learn some more about it, don’t hesitate to leave a comment with your recommendation in the comments below.

How about a skimmer for smaller tanks? I am setting up a 22 gallon tank with a sump. The choices for nano tanks seem to be toy quality skimmers or the entry level "real" skimmers that are entirely too large for nano skimmers. It seems like there is a huge movement into all-in-one systems and all the skimmers for all in one tanks seem like, well, I hate to put it this way, crap.

A well designed and made skimmer for smaller tanks would sound good to me.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A couple of things i think would be great to see are intake screens for the pumps. Some sort of cover that would help snails and small hermit and other misc objects out.

And something along the lines of the Wave engine, for skimmers with multiple DC pumps, so you can have one power supply/cord and one single controller for multiple pumps. Reducing clutter considerably. Would really streamline the overall look as well

DiazE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get back in since 2014 and would like another deltec but no answer from dealer on availablility of parts and how fast. Are smaller skimmers still drainless cup?

DiazE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sux. If I buy deltec skimmer, will need to order extra parts in event of failure (fused impeller or burned out pump).

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back