*** Deltec's SKIM TO WIN Giveaway!! Win an awesome Deltec skimmer for your reef!! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry #1
At first i thought i would want the 1000i series skimmer as I have had a 150 int skimmer on a 115 gal system... until it bit the dust yesterday.. HOWEVER.. with the effeciency of the deltec design & the DC controlled pump on the i series allowing for precise adjustments ... the "Theory" of getting an oversized skimmer is not needed... The right tool With the Right Features for the right job !... is the New saying now. So I would def go with the 600i series! AND... what IS needed.. is the Extra Space in my sump from the well thought out design of these skimmers!
Quieter, less energy, less hassle, less worry, with more control , more features & efficiency.. = less fret & more foam! Which = less nutrient buildup and healthier feeding habbits for more hearty & happy corals & fish! FILTERING, FUELING & FEEDING YOUR REEF. DELTEC... YOUR DIRECT PATH TO SUCCESS! Sign Me Up! (Oh wait.. I AM now!!)
(FYI COPYWRITER FOR HIRE)

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BONUS: Entry #1
Interest in the 600i Model. Would like to replace my current AC pump Skimmer with a DC version. If I read the spec right the 600i comes with a SWC2 Controller which I assume means variable speed control.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus Entry #2

I stopped using socks since I never clean them and they plug. Would be interested in try a VF 5000 model to polish up my water column just a bit better.

Drewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus Entry 2: The vf5000 haiku.

The Last step for me & that most of us have not yet taken in our Reefing Journey is the one that gets us simultaneously closer to both of our main goals... a more stable thriving reef .. And less time on maintenence. The vf5000 would do just that for me. While handling a high flow rate that matches my UVs target range for nuscance algae & bacteria And high turnover of a Chaeto based system.
By providing conistant automated waste removal it inherently allows for both consistant flow/turnover rates, heavier nutritionally dense feeding... all while providing lower excess nutrients and resulting in healthier, heartier fish & corals & the freedom to spend more time with friends, family, and the Fun side of reefing..

I look forward to forgoing the fuss & disgust, the bleach & green must of the ever clogging..
Flow bogging.. dirty & deviant... inconsistant & inconvenient..
..manual removing.. hand & wife dissaproving time spending leaning.. bending & cleaning ...
... of the God awful grimy... sickening & slimy.. socks & pads of the past.. with All that.. STILL do not last! They will Not be missed!.. those drain hose hats that persist! & displease & abuse with no ease of use... now cease to exist! With a flick of my wrist ... get out of my sump!.. its off to the dump.. i now simply forbid it.. no thanks, im no fool... how you seem to prohibit ...our eventual..
Reef tanks full potential!

rd62rdstr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DELTEC SKIMMER GIVEAWAY.jpg

Deltec USA is BACK with another AMAZING giveaway!! This time, one lucky reefer will win one of the awesome skimmers from Deltec's internal skimmer line up! The winner will receive either a Deltec 600 series or Deltec 1000 series skimmer (depending on tank size).

Deltec has made a name in the reef hobby that's known for quality reliable products. Deltec has over 25 years researching, developing, and creating high efficiency protein skimmers for aquarium systems. These skimmers will provide dependable filtration for your reef for years to come. So be sure to get your entries in today!!

HOW TO ENTER

Official Rules:

1. You must complete the Official Entry before completing any of the daily or bonus entries. We will verify the official entry before confirming the winner, so DO NOT miss that step!
  2. Be sure to make a post in this thread for each and every entry you complete (this is important since we will be using a random number generator to pick the winning post).
  3. For our general contest rules and disclaimers that apply to all of our R2R Giveaways, CLICK HERE!
Official Entry: (required to enter) Subscribe to Deltec's newsletter. The form is at the bottom of the Deltec USA homepage: CLICK HERE

BONUS ENTRIES (make a separate post in this thread for each entry completed):
  1. Learn even more about Deltec's 600 series and 1000 series skimmers. Then make a post telling us which one you want to win and why!
  2. Check out Deltec's Fleece Filters and tell us which one you would like to try.
  3. Check out Deltec's reactors and tell us which one you would like to try and how you would use it.
  4. Check out Deltec's line of pumps and tell us which one you would like to try and how you would use it.
  5. Follow Deltec on Instagram.
  6. Like Deltec on Facebook.
  7. Start/Update your build thread on R2R and post a link here. You can do this once a week for bonus entries. Our members tanks forums are found here.
  8. Start a new thread in any of our general forums (not marketplace, local, or sponsor forums) about any reefing topic you'd like. This can be done once a week for extra entries. Not sure how to start a thread? We're glad you asked. CLICK HERE!
  9. Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.
BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

A brand new Deltec 600 series or 1000 series protein skimmer (prize will be determined by the tank size of the winner)

600 series.png

1000 series.png

THE DRAWING

Entries will be accepted through May 15th. We will choose the winner via a random number generator on May 16, 2022. The winner will have his or her username tagged. We will not email or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Thank you everyone for joining the fun, and a big thanks to @Deltec USA for such an awesome giveaway!

#r2rgiveaway
Official entry completed. Can’t wait!

rd62rdstr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry #2
I would like to try the vf8000. Insane flow and it would handle anything I’d throw at it including a larger upgraded tank. Really nice unit!

rd62rdstr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry #3
I find the Twin Tech Calcium Reactor very intriguing. I am not familiar with this type of device so it’d be a real learning experience for me. It is a really nice reactor line that is offered. I can see using some of these items.

Drewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus Entry #3
It would Definitely be a tough choice between the km 500 kalkwasser stirrer which could run my new setup much more simply & stable for quite a while before needing to jump up to a calcium reactor.. OR just start with the amazing CRTT 1500 Calcium Reactor which could run me through the entire life of my new setup.. AND.. is THE way to go if you are going to use a calcium reactor.. The GOAT.. The EABA? End All Be All! .. The only one on the market that addresses and practically eliminates all 3 of the drawbacks people have found.. until now.. with calcium reactors and will still find with the other standard calcium reactors out there..
1. Ease of use. Deltec couldnt make it more straight forward. Fully automated!.. with the ease of adjustment on the one thing you do want to control.. precise daily amount being dosed.. and a very broad range that will take you from the day you start dosing to end result of a thriving packed sps tank if you so desire!.. allll at your literal fingertips with easy to understandwith simple up & down button control and an easy to read LCD digital display!
All operated with precision by a smart controller that allows the flowrate data to control the feed pump activity!
2 words.. Saltwater Solenoid! Go try and find that somewhere else!
Issue 2. Phospates and unwanted nutrients in the media. Not an issue with the media they have procured & provide for their reactors.
3. PH lowering levels of CO²
The solution they used to solve this is one of kind.. by making sure the co2 is fully saturated with the recirculation of water and offgassing..
You are ensured to have the lowest levels of co² possible with the operation of any calcium reactor... let alone the fact this is done on the smartest, easiest to operate & control, precise calcium reactor out there which just happens to produce & add low to practically no nutrients inyo your system..
Basically everything everyone likes about calcium reactors... made better.. with none of the drawbacks! Why wouldnt i want my pets & investments having the highest percentage chance to thrive that the longterm stability and precision of this equipment gives !.. not to mention the highest chance of my happiness in the hobby with the ease of use, peace of mind and Low maintenance the Deltec 1500 Crtt Twin Calcium Reactor provides! One of those products that comes along and makes a salesmans job SO easy! It sells itself!
So yeah.. THAT'S what I would do with this reactor... take all the hard work ive put into thinking of every detail when creating my reef system To be able to perform successfully while maximizing enjoyment of the hobby by leaning into getting more of what I desire while minimizing the effort through innovation & problem solving to eliminate all the drawbacks. .. and fueling it with deltec equipment like this.. that has strived to do the exact same!

Drewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus Entry #4 ....is EASY!
I would LOVE to use Two E-Flow pumps to Run my system with one feeding my uv to the DT and the 2nd running a second line at the minimum rate I would want for turnover.
And...if power or the unlikely event pump one ever failed ...the generator would continue to run pump2 in during the power failure and the Apex controller would notify me & tell pump 2 to increase flow to match normal turnover rates if pump one did ever fail or was simply taken offline for maintenance.
power , precision & peace of mind! PLEASE & THANK YOU!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bonus Entry #3
It would Definitely be a tough choice between the km 500 kalkwasser stirrer which could run my new setup much more simply & stable for quite a while before needing to jump up to a calcium reactor.. OR just start with the amazing CRTT 1500 Calcium Reactor which could run me through the entire life of my new setup.. AND.. is THE way to go if you are going to use a calcium reactor.. The GOAT.. The EABA? End All Be All! .. The only one on the market that addresses and practically eliminates all 3 of the drawbacks people have found.. until now.. with calcium reactors and will still find with the other standard calcium reactors out there..
1. Ease of use. Deltec couldnt make it more straight forward. Fully automated!.. with the ease of adjustment on the one thing you do want to control.. precise daily amount being dosed.. and a very broad range that will take you from the day you start dosing to end result of a thriving packed sps tank if you so desire!.. allll at your literal fingertips with easy to understandwith simple up & down button control and an easy to read LCD digital display!
All operated with precision by a smart controller that allows the flowrate data to control the feed pump activity!
2 words.. Saltwater Solenoid! Go try and find that somewhere else!
Issue 2. Phospates and unwanted nutrients in the media. Not an issue with the media they have procured & provide for their reactors.
3. PH lowering levels of CO²
The solution they used to solve this is one of kind.. by making sure the co2 is fully saturated with the recirculation of water and offgassing..
You are ensured to have the lowest levels of co² possible with the operation of any calcium reactor... let alone the fact this is done on the smartest, easiest to operate & control, precise calcium reactor out there which just happens to produce & add low to practically no nutrients inyo your system..
Basically everything everyone likes about calcium reactors... made better.. with none of the drawbacks! Why wouldnt i want my pets & investments having the highest percentage chance to thrive that the longterm stability and precision of this equipment gives !.. not to mention the highest chance of my happiness in the hobby with the ease of use, peace of mind and Low maintenance the Deltec 1500 Crtt Twin Calcium Reactor provides! One of those products that comes along and makes a salesmans job SO easy! It sells itself!
So yeah.. THAT'S what I would do with this reactor... take all the hard work ive put into thinking of every detail when creating my reef system To be able to perform successfully while maximizing enjoyment of the hobby by leaning into getting more of what I desire while minimizing the effort through innovation & problem solving to eliminate all the drawbacks. .. and fueling it with deltec equipment like this.. that has strived to do the exact same!
@Daniel@R2R now this is an entry! He deserves bonus points!!!
doggett-x-files-scrabble.gif

skyeshoppe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus #2: Would like to try the VF series because it's 50 microns and requires less changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back