Demystifying the Aquaforest Coral Food

ReefNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone

You could be forgiven for getting lost in the sea of purple boxes.

So I made a video to do a deep dive into the world of Aquaforest coral food, going through the entire range, how to use it and the results I have seen!

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the video, I am an AF Reef Salt and 3 part dosing user so it is really helpful to get this feedback. I am currently feeding Reef Roids to my corals once a week but as I get more comfortable in the hobby may try the AF range and see how it goes.

OP
OP
ReefNerd

ReefNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the video, I am an AF Reef Salt and 3 part dosing user so it is really helpful to get this feedback. I am currently feeding Reef Roids to my corals once a week but as I get more comfortable in the hobby may try the AF range and see how it goes.

Thats awesome thanks, AF make good products! I also use reef roids. I feed it every 2-3 days. However as I stated in the video I feed the AF coral foods daily.

If your new to the hobby I would recommend taking it slow until your filtration matures. If you can get your filtration to the point where your nitrate and phosphate stay at low levels all the time, increase feeding and use more coral foods... basically the goal is to feed as much as possible while keep water quality good!

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome thanks, AF make good products! I also use reef roids. I feed it every 2-3 days. However as I stated in the video I feed the AF coral foods daily.

If your new to the hobby I would recommend taking it slow until your filtration matures. If you can get your filtration to the point where your nitrate and phosphate stay at low levels all the time, increase feeding and use more coral foods... basically the goal is to feed as much as possible while keep water quality good!

Thanks for that. My tank has been running for a little under 2 years now and has got to the point it is quite stable from that perspective. Early on I used LC and later NoPoX as I was getting it in tune, but are using nothing now. I stopped NoPoX in Feb and nutrients actually dropped since then. NO3 has been sitting at 0.25 ppm for the past 3 months. Over that time PO4 has risen from 0.02 to now be 0.08. So if anything I need to feed more not less!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back