Designer Clownfish WYSIWYG Pairs ON SALE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We only stock and sell captive-bred tank-raised fish, no wild caught in any of our systems.

HelmetPicasso_2000x.jpg
HalfandHalfClown_2000x (1).jpg
MochaGladiator2_2000x.jpg
PremiumSnowflake_2000x (1).jpg

mdavis1032

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We only stock and sell captive-bred tank-raised fish, no wild caught in any of our systems.

HelmetPicasso_2000x.jpg
HalfandHalfClown_2000x (1).jpg
MochaGladiator2_2000x.jpg
PremiumSnowflake_2000x (1).jpg
i would really like to add a pair if the black snowflakes, i currently have an older large maroon clown in a 265g. any experience with aggression from the 2 different types of genus?

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would really like to add a pair if the black snowflakes, i currently have an older large maroon clown in a 265g. any experience with aggression from the 2 different types of genus?

Maroons are usually especially aggressive toward other Clownfish. Generally, I recommend 1 pair per tank.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are you recommending 1 pair + the Maroon, Only adding one to make it a pair with the Maroon or just leaving the Maroon by herself?

Maroons are the most difficult Clownfish to pair up. They are especially aggressive toward each other. While there can be exceptions, usually with Maroons you can have a very large female and a much smaller male. However, in my experience Maroons are difficult to pair, many will fight. So, keeping the single may be you best bet. Generally, only one pair of Clownfish per tank. All of the Percula and Ocellaris types are easy to pair up--simply selecting one larger and one smaller usually work--occasional "divorces" do occur, but again generally only one pair of Clownfish per tank.

Back