Designing the Perfect Small AIO. Post your feature request, or wish list & let's build it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up ordering the Lifegard 1/2" kit through Premium Aquatics the other day. It was like $6.99 or something similar. It had the elbow that I need and a slip-fit strainer and 1/2" double-slip bulkhead that I figure is good to have around. When I thought about gas mileage, it was cheaper than driving to the nearest Grainger. It is supposed to arrive later today.

6.99 with shipping? I priced it on BRS, I'm at about $10 prior to shipping. Debating if I need anything else to get me up to the free threshold...

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6.99 with shipping? I priced it on BRS, I'm at about $10 prior to shipping. Debating if I need anything else to get me up to the free threshold...
I needed a smaller pump as well as I felt my current pumps were all too large that and a test kit put me over the $39.00 for free shipping. I ordered it Wednesday and it will be here today so pretty fast. Since you're in Ohio and they're in Indiana, they may just be able to throw it real hard (I grew up in northeastern Ohio).

Last edited:

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed a smaller pump as well as I felt my current pumps were all too large that and a test kit put me over the $39.00 for free shipping. I ordered it Wednesday and it will be here today so pretty fast. Since your in Ohio and their in Indiana, they may just be able to throw it real hard (I grew up in northeastern Ohio).

Have a link for the kit. I'm trying to search but I'm not familiar with their site.

Not bad, trying to order today since I have the tank now. Hopefully it arrives quick!

I'm in the north east as well!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a link for the kit. I'm trying to search but I'm not familiar with their site.

Not bad, trying to order today since I have the tank now. Hopefully it arrives quick!

I'm in the north east as well!
I forgot I also order a Loc-line 1/2" threaded ball and a flared nozzle on the order. Here is the link:

Lifegard slip-fit bulkhead

I'm in Arizona now but I ordered it Wednesday morning and it will be here later today. I've never shopped Premium Aquatics before, at least that I can remember...

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot I also order a Loc-line 1/2" threaded ball and a flared nozzle on the order. Here is the link:

Lifegard slip-fit bulkhead

I'm in Arizona now but I ordered it Wednesday morning and it will be here later today. I've never shopped Premium Aquatics before, at least that I can remember...

Thanks! I'm checking it out now.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20220325_193222592.jpg
PXL_20220325_193255212.jpg
PXL_20220325_193509119.jpg
PXL_20220325_193732833.MP.jpg

Well packed and protected. No scratches or buffs on my unit. The stickers are a great touch! I love my sticker collection for some odd reason. Overall seems very nice quality build. The only sub-par looking piece is one of the back baffles, all other seams appear to be fully welded with no bubbles.

now to get some pieces and parts!
i looked further into the black baffle seam quality. We are working on getting this better looking. The reason for this is the coast to coast design. The filter wall, baffles and aquarium walls are welded in three different planes. Hard to get all of them to line up nicely. This also is because we use a proprietary solvent we blend ourselves which sets up in about three minutes. By comparison, Weldon 40 would set in around 90 minutes. We need the speed so we can get faster throughput. That's why something like this is a new challenge. These are the very first coast to coast we have ever produced. There is zero chance of leakage though. Hopefully the visible seams are flawless as they should be. As for the packaging, we will be going back to foam in place. Stopped using that for environmental reasons until one of our guys showed me that it is about the same packaging as what this looks like. Finally, all of our company tank logos are easily removable. Fill it up!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If by coast to coast you mean that the filter wall spans the entire short side of the tank then yes. Excuse my very rudimentary drawing skills but it would look something like this. Same design as the one in the link but without the two side pieces.
DFA2F5E1-B392-48F0-A9B8-9DF1E24CE93E.jpeg

If this is not something that could be mass produced due to tank size variances could you do a single one to spec? If so how much would that be?
You mean like this one? >>> https://tenecoraquariums.com/produc...-in-one-diy-kit-coast-to-coast-20-gallon-long

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i looked further into the black baffle seam quality. We are working on getting this better looking. The reason for this is the coast to coast design. The filter wall, baffles and aquarium walls are welded in three different planes. Hard to get all of them to line up nicely. This also is because we use a proprietary solvent we blend ourselves which sets up in about three minutes. By comparison, Weldon 40 would set in around 90 minutes. We need the speed so we can get faster throughput. That's why something like this is a new challenge. These are the very first coast to coast we have ever produced. There is zero chance of leakage though. Hopefully the visible seams are flawless as they should be. As for the packaging, we will be going back to foam in place. Stopped using that for environmental reasons until one of our guys showed me that it is about the same packaging as what this looks like. Finally, all of our company tank logos are easily removable. Fill it up!

All other seams appear flawless, completely understand with the AIO portion, and yes I should have pointed that out about no chance for leaking at that weld.

It's a great looking tank! Now about that lid!

I keep trying to get my daughter to fill it, she keeps insisting no, the cat will go in it..

Bored Cat GIF

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess I kinda gotta order one now, don’t I? What with that super high quality marketing rendering you’ve got posted to show it off, lol.
When I clicked on the link I seriously thought I‘d just missed the section on your website that had the product. Never expected to see my awful drawing. That’s hilarious.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the next round @Tenecor Aquariums that back chamber for the first overflow should be sized and given a ring/support for socks!
I have a sponge from my Waterbox Mini Peninsula 15 that I'm going to cut to fit the first chamber and put some floss on top of it as a first pass. I plan to make a cage or rack to hold a 2.5 dia. x 4 filter cup for the first chamber later.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sponge from my Waterbox Mini Peninsula 15 that I'm going to cut to fit the first chamber and put some floss on top of it as a first pass. I plan to make a cage or rack to hold a 2.5 dia. x 4 filter cup for the first chamber later.

Sponge and floss was the route I'll probably take as well. No 3D printer for me to experiment with..

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tharbin i got one that is 10x10 as well, but I ordered the 12x12. I don’t even know what to do with this thing because the front chamber is so small. @Woodyman looks so much better with that extra 2 inches.

A2DC139E-57E6-4CAA-AD7F-72BE7E0CA914.jpeg

It is a nice little tank but I don't know either. I'm going to contact Tenecor and see what can be done.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sponge and floss was the route I'll probably take as well. No 3D printer for me to experiment with..
Me either. I figured I would just rig something to hold one of the floss cups designed to fit the Waterbox AIOs. I have one from Kraken Reef in my Waterbox that I can use as a template for the opening anyway.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tharbin i got one that is 10x10 as well, but I ordered the 12x12. I don’t even know what to do with this thing because the front chamber is so small. @Woodyman looks so much better with that extra 2 inches.

A2DC139E-57E6-4CAA-AD7F-72BE7E0CA914.jpeg

Probably needed to be an inch smaller on the back side for those 10" cubes. The 12" is right at that limit for size on the back being to much I think.

Still very nice quality tanks. I'm sure they will hook you both up with the correct size!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back