Designing the Perfect Small AIO. Post your feature request, or wish list & let's build it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you place it on a flat and level surface, no need for foam.

Sounds like a plan!

Do you photos on hand of the colored acrylic? The blue, red, and green that I've seen on the site. I need an ATO container for my 65 and was looking at the 8 gallon. Curious how the colors look.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a plan!

Do you photos on hand of the colored acrylic? The blue, red, and green that I've seen on the site. I need an ATO container for my 65 and was looking at the 8 gallon. Curious how the colors look.
The colored acrylic is "day Glow" lights up with just ambient light. They're pretty cool

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to renege on not cluttering this thread. I don't want to start a build thread yet since I still need to talk to Tenecor about it but I wanted to share what the 4.0 v1 looks like running. Only tap water but I have a sponge in chamber 1 with space above for some filter floss sheet, nothing in chamber 2, and a 50 watt Aqua-El heater and Sicce Micra pump in chamber 3. The flow is just about right for this tank (the 4 gal) and it is probably fine for the 7 gallon.

20220326_101837-r2r.jpg

20220326_101945-r2r.jpg

20220326_102448-r2r.jpg

As you can see the sump is quite generous. I'd probably swap the heater for my Finnex HMS-50 so that it would fit in the center chamber.

Which Sicce did you go with? I've got 2 spare pumps on hand, one is 600 gph and the other only 100.. I think I'm buying a new one for this tank!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which Sicce did you go with? I've got 2 spare pumps on hand, one is 600 gph and the other only 100.. I think I'm buying a new one for this tank!
I just put the Sicce Micra on it. It seems fine. I might consider the Micra Plus or Synchra Silent 0.5 for the 7 gallon or if I was going to have coral with no auxiliary flow.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put the Sicce Micra on it. It seems fine. I might consider the Micra Plus or Synchra Silent 0.5 for the 7 gallon or if I was going to have coral with no auxiliary flow.

No coral anymore for that tank... It'll be freshwater now, we'll see what she decides to put in it next weekend. The LFS didn't have any 1/2" fittings but they did have 1/4" :face-with-raised-eyebrow:

So I ordered the right size last night, they should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll order that pump as well today for her!

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to say that there are a lot of nice designs in your new HushFlow lineup. If I wasn't on a fixed income...
Yes there are. I just bought a Peninsula 17g all in one to try out as well as the diy AIO for my 20L. Can’t wait to get them.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I haven’t got my tank yet and it was in the first 30 and I also haven’t even received a shipping notification is this wired @Tenecor Aquariums
@5G Reefer have you called or emailed Tenecor yet about it? I'm just guessing but I would suspect that fitting a whole line of 'standard' tanks into their normal made-to-order production run is causing a few errors while they work out the bugs. Try:

Jim Skurdahl​

Client Relations Manager
Tenecor Aquariums
(866) 961-8378 x101
[email protected]
www.tenecoraquariums.com
1607 W. Whispering Wind Dr, Phoenix, AZ 85085

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulkhead fittings, loc-line, and nozzle all arrived, my pump got delayed and should arrive tomorrow! I'll get it filled and circulating tomorrow and then let it sit till I mess with it over the weekend!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a follow on to an idea I already expressed here. Since many consider anything 40 gallons and under (my feeling is 10 gallons and under but the 40 and under fits my idea) I'm going with it.

I've been looking at all the new HushFlow tanks and dreaming--a lot. The idea: take the sump that was designed for the HushFlow Rectangular Mini 22, as-is--no changes, and drop it, centered on the back wall, in a 36x18x16 acrylic rectangle and called it the HushFlow 40 Breeder.

What do you think?

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s sort of what I was looking for. Another drop in AIO thing. I want the wet/dry simple single chamber, something like the in the peninsula models. If they could offer those in custom heights I think there would be a market.

Still waiting on an email reply.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a follow on to an idea I already expressed here. Since many consider anything 40 gallons and under (my feeling is 10 gallons and under but the 40 and under fits my idea) I'm going with it.

I've been looking at all the new HushFlow tanks and dreaming--a lot. The idea: take the sump that was designed for the HushFlow Rectangular Mini 22, as-is--no changes, and drop it, centered on the back wall, in a 36x18x16 acrylic rectangle and called it the HushFlow 40 Breeder.

What do you think?
This is the size where some tanks can still ship ups and others need to go by freight. It's right on the border and depends on how it is packed. Another reason we are going to offer entire setups

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s sort of what I was looking for. Another drop in AIO thing. I want the wet/dry simple single chamber, something like the in the peninsula models. If they could offer those in custom heights I think there would be a market.

Still waiting on an email reply.
Our offices open at 9 am Arizona time. If you wrote an email it should be replied to then. Please take a look at all the drop ins we are offering >>> https://tenecoraquariums.com/collections/diy-baffle-kits

Also you will notice a build out of plumbing and accessories. And our own line of pumps. Bigger ones are coming soon.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our offices open at 9 am Arizona time. If you wrote an email it should be replied to then. Please take a look at all the drop ins we are offering >>> https://tenecoraquariums.com/collections/diy-baffle-kits

Also you will notice a build out of plumbing and accessories. And our own line of pumps. Bigger ones are coming soon.

Email sent this past Monday to [email protected] but I appreciate your attention.

Anyway, could you get the diagram for this up on the website?

Tenecor® Advantage™ AIO All In One DIY Drop In Kit | Full Wet/Dry | 29 Gallon Standard​

Might be an option and I could cut it down to size. It would be nice to know what it and the other sizes look like; for those of us using non-standard glass tanks. If only I had my own laser table.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email sent this past Monday to [email protected] but I appreciate your attention.

Anyway, could you get the diagram for this up on the website?

Tenecor® Advantage™ AIO All In One DIY Drop In Kit | Full Wet/Dry | 29 Gallon Standard​

Might be an option and I could cut it down to size. It would be nice to know what it and the other sizes look like; for those of us using non-standard glass tanks. If only I had my own laser table.

You don't want to cut with lasers. They melt the edges and cause crazing.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back