• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Detailed Review of Dr. Reef

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

narkicu187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order placed on 3/14/2022 for 1x Yellow Tang, 1x Bristletooth Tang & 1x Diamond Goby. Order confirmed via email same day. 3/22 rolled around with no follow-up so I reached out asking when I could expect invoice and then shipment. Response email stated "Shipping next week. You will receive a payment link prior to shipping week". Waited until 2/28/2022 with no info until I reached out again inquiring about order (keep in mind at this time I had already reached out here on the forum with pretty much the same responses shortly before he went MIA again with a medical emergency). Reply on the 29th stating "Mike Dr. Reef has some medical issues that need a few days off". Luckily I had not paid and was not sure if I was willing to considering all the stories I had been a witness to on R2R. At this time multiple users are trying to get a hold of Dr. Reef in regards to their order. Dr. Reef finally responds to thread saying he's back up and running, invoices to be sent that weekend. Morning of 4/3 rolls around & I get a status update on my order saying it's ready to ship along with a PP invoice to be paid. I decide to test my luck and go ahead and pay it via PP to leave open the option of disputing. That very night I get a call from Mike telling me my fish are ready to be shipped on Tuesday with a Wednesday delivery. I let him know that this delivery date is good. Monday 4/4 I get another status update saying my order is paid and ready to ship. Tuesday 4/5 I get a Fedex notification that a pending shipment is in their system. Wednesday morning 4/6 order is delivered.

Package intact. Opened to find wet newspaper fearing the worse. Bags were surprisingly still full of water all fish in own bag and all alive. Yellow Tang was very pale from shipping/stress I'm sure. Floated bags for 20 mins to temp acclimate. Opened them up to test salinity, to my surprise it tested low at 1.020. Proceeded to dump all bags in bucket and start drip acclimation. Drip acclimated for 45 mins to within .5-1 difference. Netted fish and added to tank. Will monitor the upcoming days.

I was lucky to not experience what many others had with severely lacking communication, no order months after paying, missing/dead fish.
I would cautiously suggest this vendor right now off my own experiences. Heres hoping he can get back on track 100% and far exceed his status as a trusted vendor.

OP
OP
narkicu187

narkicu187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waited until 2/28/2022 with no info until I reached out again inquiring about order (keep in mind at this time I had already reached out here on the forum with pretty much the same responses shortly before he went MIA again with a medical emergency).
Correction ** 3/28/2022

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your honest feedback.
Honestly things got away from me as business kept growing and I was a 1 man show.
I hired a call center now to receive calls and return emails so the communication part should be solved from now on.
I hope the yellow comes to its full color after not being stressted.
Keep me posted

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back