Detritus??

beginner_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this detritus? 90 gallon with live sand and dry rock have. 40 gallon fuge with Skimmer running 24/7. Up and running for 2 months. I am such a clean freak and I need to figure out what will eat or get rid of this. I want a white sand bed. I understand there is an ugly phase but this is driving me crazy!! I feed reef frenzy on Monday, Wednesday and Frdiay. White lights are on for 7 hours and blues for 3.
Livestock:
2 clowns
1 Bicolor Blennie
2 cleaner shrimp
1 Coral Beauty
And a ton of different snails and hermits

20210421_122515.jpg 20210421_122512.jpg

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said, it should resolve on its own. I am a little perplexed by your lighting shedule. If it were my tank, I would run the blues for the entire photoperiod, and the whites for a block of time in the middle of that, so for instance:
Blues: 8am-8pm
Daylights: 10am-6pm
It doesn’t have to be a 12 hour period (though that’s what I prefer to run), and if your lights allow, you can slowly ramp up and ramp down the intensity. So for example, on my tank, I start with the blue lights at 10% for 30 minutes, and then slowly ramp up the intensity over the next 2 hours at 15 minute intervals, and then peak intensity (80% blue, 50% white) for 7 hours, and the ramping down at the same schedule only in reverse, for a total photo period of 12 hours and 12 full hours of darkness. You can tailor the schedule and intensity to meet your needs, but the 7 hours of daylight and then 3 of blues struck me as kind of odd.

OP
OP
beginner_reefer

beginner_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said, it should resolve on its own. I am a little perplexed by your lighting shedule. If it were my tank, I would run the blues for the entire photoperiod, and the whites for a block of time in the middle of that, so for instance:
Blues: 8am-8pm
Daylights: 10am-6pm
It doesn’t have to be a 12 hour period (though that’s what I prefer to run), and if your lights allow, you can slowly ramp up and ramp down the intensity. So for example, on my tank, I start with the blue lights at 10% for 30 minutes, and then slowly ramp up the intensity over the next 2 hours at 15 minute intervals, and then peak intensity (80% blue, 50% white) for 7 hours, and the ramping down at the same schedule only in reverse, for a total photo period of 12 hours and 12 full hours of darkness. You can tailor the schedule and intensity to meet your needs, but the 7 hours of daylight and then 3 of blues struck me as kind of odd.
We are still learning. Our lights don't allow us to ramp up and down as to mimic sunrise to sunset. Would love to go that route though! Much more natural. So maybe I should back off of the whites and run more blues. What lights do you run?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still learning. Our lights don't allow us to ramp up and down as to mimic sunrise to sunset. Would love to go that route though! Much more natural. So maybe I should back off of the whites and run more blues. What lights do you run?
I just have a Nanocube going at the moment, so it’s the stock lights, but it has wifi and an app that allows you to adjust intensity and set timers to change the intensity. At the very least you can just run the blues for the entire time you have the lights on and then the daylight for a period in the middle of that (where both daylight and the blues are on).

Back