Devils Hand Leather Coral In Process Of Reproducing?

brentcam3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few Days ago, I found my devils hand leather coral with a couple holes in it. I attached a pic for view. I have had this coral atleast 4-5 months and it has been looking very healthy since I brought it home. I am not very concerned since it has been opening/puffing up as normal since I noticed the two holes when the lights were off and it was retracted. My question is this coral in the process of reproducing? You can see the two holes on the bottom left of the coral. I have not had any contact with the coral in months. From what I gather online, it looks like that maybe the case. Wanted to get an opinion from more experienced reefers. Thank you in advance, Brent

FE031F8A-7F26-419A-8BD4-F08F92C6DD49.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A few Days ago, I found my devils hand leather coral with a couple holes in it. I attached a pic for view. I have had this coral atleast 4-5 months and it has been looking very healthy since I brought it home. I am not very concerned since it has been opening/puffing up as normal since I noticed the two holes when the lights were off and it was retracted. My question is this coral in the process of reproducing? You can see the two holes on the bottom left of the coral. I have not had any contact with the coral in months. From what I gather online, it looks like that maybe the case. Wanted to get an opinion from more experienced reefers. Thank you in advance, Brent

FE031F8A-7F26-419A-8BD4-F08F92C6DD49.jpeg
Good chance yes. They drop fragments of their body and they grow into new pieces

Upvote 0

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with above. Mine drops 1 or 2 a week sometimes.

Upvote 0

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My devils hand is always dropping babies. Drives me crazy. At one point it was happy and not dropping for months, then it decided to again. The little ones are all over the tank.

Upvote 0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 59 56.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • None.

Votes: 26 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.6%

Back