DI resin exhausted after 200 gallon of product water?

Bradley Keck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bradley Keck - by a "pressure regulator" are you referring to a pressure gauge? A flow restrictor? Most residential size RO or RODI units do not have a component called a "pressure regulator" on them.

Russ
Yes, I meant flow restrictor. I always think of it as having something to do with pressure because when I open it to flush the membrane, the pressure goes down. That is the piece that never made any hiss noise when my system was not working correctly, then when I replaced it I noticed this slight hiss coming from it when it was closed. I thought something was wrong, but turns out it is supposed to? By the way, my system has worked flawlessly since you helped me out and I cannot thank you enough Russ. Thanks again!

Bradley Keck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You da Man Russ, You da Man. None of this is in the instructions for my RODI and I would have no idea otherwise!

Reefscout008

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you might want to check with some of the people who make and install these systems for a living, like Buckeye Hydro, who recommend to do just that. The pressure coming in is not nearly enough to cause an explosion or something crazy, I have never heard of such a thing, and I can tell you that since installing a running the system in this fashion, I have had zero problems with my RODI unit and no explosions either;)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back