IMG_2835.jpg
IMG_2838.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the patches fibrous, cottony or cauliflower looking in texture? If so, they probably are Lymphocystis. Very common on CBBs. Usually a harmless virus. Adding Beta Glucan to food has helped.

OP
OP
C

Centurio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the patches fibrous, cottony or cauliflower looking in texture? If so, they probably are Lymphocystis. Very common on CBBs. Usually a harmless virus. Adding Beta Glucan to food has helped.

That was my first thought, but I'm just not completely sure. They are fibrous in appearance, but the way the two "sqaures" have appeared only there seems strange. Not an expert though, but have seen it on another CBB of mine many years ago. This looks different.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's quite a bit of variability in the way Lympho presents. Usually it is small spots on the fins, but it can present anywhere on fish. But your observation of "fibrous" is probably a good thing. Tumors and cysts are usually smooth and bulbous looking.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back