N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I saw more built like this
The two piece bottom will def. Help with the strength more and more as it comes together it is starting to look good the bottom will be set on a 1/4in leveling mat as per @Projects with Sam advised. The sides will be super easy to conquer as well with having the channel found a new way of doing the interior seal as well that is going to be a huge help. Did it with the reseal of the ato and helped out tremendously.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I saw more built like this
Told the wife im gonna have to borrow the coffee table when I seal up the sides and all I got was.....thats fine we needed a new living room set anyway... well s*** I knew she was waiting to get something out of the deal. lol gotta keep the wife happy you know what they say gentlemen happy wife......

Extremely awesome tanks and equipment hahahaha......

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Told the wife im gonna have to borrow the coffee table when I seal up the sides and all I got was.....thats fine we needed a new living room set anyway... well s*** I knew she was waiting to get something out of the deal. lol gotta keep the wife happy you know what they say gentlemen happy wife......

Extremely awesome tanks and equipment hahahaha......
Nailed it haha happy wife=Bigger reef tank.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using for the 1/4 leveling mat?
I found a neoprene mat that looked like it would be perfect but dont know if it would be too soft and cause sagging. With the base being the way it is wouldnt be a huge issue with the 2 point contact seal on all sides on the bottom but still otherwise there are some leveling mats on amazon that look pretty good.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a neoprene mat that looked like it would be perfect but dont know if it would be too soft and cause sagging. With the base being the way it is wouldnt be a huge issue with the 2 point contact seal on all sides on the bottom but still otherwise there are some leveling mats on amazon that look pretty good.
Neoprene sounds tough enough

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your build thread is awesome by the way the detail was amazing.
Right....

I tried to emulate "the big one" intro as it was So well done and gave the Thread an entire air of sophistication and idea of what to expect.

Once I tried, i realized that I write at the Crayon eating level, which seamed strangely fitting as it Also, gives the reader an idea of what to expect.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used car radio insulation once hah but I always see questions about this subject so I was curious what you picked
Yea it was a tough decision. There are so many opinions out there that should be used. I kinda was thinking neoprene is soft enough to conform to the tank but still tough enough to not be pressed through idk thats where im at now might change by the time i order

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two piece bottom has been siliconed together and waiting for cure added some weight on top to keep everything pressed step one of the big build complete then will go through and inject seal all the way around once cured. To get a really nice bottom seal. Slowly but surely when i get days off from work it will come together.
You doin this sheet right I see.

The double step 90 is an expensive way to do the bottom, and 1000% the CORRECT way to do it, IMO.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it was a tough decision. There are so many opinions out there that should be used. I kinda was thinking neoprene is soft enough to conform to the tank but still tough enough to not be pressed through idk thats where im at now might change by the time i order
Ya but since it’s for leveling, a little soft is good bro bro. Neo sounds like a winner

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right....

I tried to emulate "the big one" intro as it was So well done and gave the Thread an entire air of sophistication and idea of what to expect.

Once I tried, i realized that I write at the Crayon eating level, which seamed strangely fitting as it Also, gives the reader an idea of what to expect.
Bro i try to use big words and with that being said a lot of ny vocab are the unpopular and frowned upon words that r2r doesnt like i guess there was a reason i work oilfield for 12 years wasnt because of my extensive vocabulary thats for sure lol

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've only ever user the home insulation foam from home depot on a framed 75Gallon. It was a champ and I could paint it so is disappeared. I'm out of my league re: rimless but can only imagine it'll be the same; Neoprene may be better for rimless because it breaths. I had to put a hole in the Styrofoam so the airgap between the bottom of the tank and the foam (because of the rim) wouldn't grow mold.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since i posted about the frag tank build out for this project finally just got through the ugly phase for the most part and picked up some cuc for it as well 3 blue legged hermits just little guys and some shells for them. 3 margarita snails and 3 nerite as well as 3 conehead. Acclimating to temp and then gonna introduce them was reading doing a water acclimation isnt necessary any thoughts on this @Lost in the Sauce @NowGlazeIT @Projects with Sam......thoughts on this?

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally home with these guys chilling

Attachments

• 20220714_161542.jpg
    20220714_161542.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220714_161536.jpg
    20220714_161536.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 48

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be a little late but I match temp and salinity then give them the old drop n plop. If salinity is off I’ll drip acclimate.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've started putting them into a QT tank just because I've gotten whole batches of dead ones.
surprisingly, the only snails I have that live come from Petco...
So my petco has some sad looking snails but a lfs has the good deal on them for all 9 i paid about 8.00 also got the hermits for .75 cents a piece.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas on how to catch and remove a cleaner shrimp from my other tank the guy is terrorizing all of the coral in my upstairs tank and i think it is due to space was gonna throw him in the frag tank since its got a lot more room for him to go but the little sucker has literally evaded all capture and isnt being banished to frag land without a fight. He has the mind set of im staying put. But i have the mind set of hes got to go lol. I built too many caves and places to dip into in the rockscape for the other tank and he is exploiting every crevice of what appears to be too good of a design. Ill be remembering this for the future thats for sure

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back