OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tonight is the night i will be cutting amd bringing the glass home for the sump build. Sump will be a 22tall by 48long by 20 wide custom built box tempered. It will consist of a clear viewing front with grey sides and insterts as well as a grey bottom. Compartments will allow me to have good flow with a filter sock chamber leading to my skimmer chamber. This will then lead to a dosing chamber that will flow over to a LR area with custom racks for frags which will then flow to the return chamber. I have spent a great deal of time coming up with this sump and the design aspect to be able to use for future upgrades(fleece roller). As well as a bigger dt. Once the sump is complete I will then start the cabinet build to be able to make sure the sump will fit in the under belly of the cabinet as well as leaving room for an ato also custom built and a dry goods area with a controller door on the end side of the cabinet with push lock cabinet door. This is the moment where things start taking off for this build as well as moving towards the end game. I am hoping to have this build complete by the new year.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tonight is the night i will be cutting amd bringing the glass home for the sump build. Sump will be a 22tall by 48long by 20 wide custom built box tempered. It will consist of a clear viewing front with grey sides and insterts as well as a grey bottom. Compartments will allow me to have good flow with a filter sock chamber leading to my skimmer chamber. This will then lead to a dosing chamber that will flow over to a LR area with custom racks for frags which will then flow to the return chamber. I have spent a great deal of time coming up with this sump and the design aspect to be able to use for future upgrades(fleece roller). As well as a bigger dt. Once the sump is complete I will then start the cabinet build to be able to make sure the sump will fit in the under belly of the cabinet as well as leaving room for an ato also custom built and a dry goods area with a controller door on the end side of the cabinet with push lock cabinet door. This is the moment where things start taking off for this build as well as moving towards the end game. I am hoping to have this build complete by the new year.
Epic! Lets see the glass.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Epic! Lets see the glass.
I have my employees getting ready to run it in the next hour or so once they do i will take pictures of it coming out of the furnace to share with everyone as well as when its being cut and broken out. Going to be an amazing feeling once i bring it home then time to convert the garage to a dry clean area to be able to assemble you gave me the idea for asi silicone which will be used and will be black to match the grey walls and inserts also to go along with the sump theme of red grey and black for plumbing and valves. Bro i feel like a little kid at the candy store right now with the dimensions for all of the cuts being loaded and ready to go here is a little teaser

20220702_200918.jpg 20220702_200931.jpg 20220702_200847.jpg 20220702_200827.jpg 1656814242489885988992304834543.jpg

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my employees getting ready to run it in the next hour or so once they do i will take pictures of it coming out of the furnace to share with everyone as well as when its being cut and broken out. Going to be an amazing feeling once i bring it home then time to convert the garage to a dry clean area to be able to assemble you gave me the idea for asi silicone which will be used and will be black to match the grey walls and inserts also to go along with the sump theme of red grey and black for plumbing and valves. Bro i feel like a little kid at the candy store right now with the dimensions for all of the cuts being loaded and ready to go here is a little teaser

20220702_200918.jpg 20220702_200931.jpg 20220702_200847.jpg 20220702_200827.jpg 1656814242489885988992304834543.jpg
Clutch!

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its officially done i have all the glass needed plus a few baffles. I also have all the glass needed for the custom ato reservoir as well to match the sump. Tonight was a good night. I have to give a shout out to my guys at work for they are the ones that got it going and the job done for me i just got the pleasure of loading it up in the car and watching it roll through. Everything is looking premium and im super excited to get this build going. Next stop sump being done and its gonna be a heavy son of a b****. Stoked for this one. @Projects with Sam @Sean Clark @Lost in the Sauce @NowGlazeIT. Lets go boys.....if yall ever need any tempered glass lemme know. I would be happy to help.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its officially done i have all the glass needed plus a few baffles. I also have all the glass needed for the custom ato reservoir as well to match the sump. Tonight was a good night. I have to give a shout out to my guys at work for they are the ones that got it going and the job done for me i just got the pleasure of loading it up in the car and watching it roll through. Everything is looking premium and im super excited to get this build going. Next stop sump being done and its gonna be a heavy son of a b****. Stoked for this one. @Projects with Sam @Sean Clark @Lost in the Sauce @NowGlazeIT. Lets go boys.....if yall ever need any tempered glass lemme know. I would be happy to help.
Right on man I’m looking forward to the finished product. You should be stoked this is epic! Do you guys make tempered laminate too?

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on man I’m looking forward to the finished product. You should be stoked this is epic! Do you guys make tempered laminate too?
We have laminate but not tempered our laminate comes pre-squished lol

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One step closer after a long slow drive home from work i have all the pieces i need for the sump and matching ato. Super excited for this and really looking forward to this week and weekend to get this thing going. All the glass is here and ready to go. Have 2 more pieces i need that will be cut tonight for baffles and a brace piece for the bottom of the sump but all in all super happy right now. Grey glass for bottom sides and back and clear glass for the front viewing section. Solid grey ato reservoir with enclosed top piece that will be drilled.

Attachments

• 16568541144376706204224703018560.jpg
    16568541144376706204224703018560.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 16568541539613026707171132366995.jpg
    16568541539613026707171132366995.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 46

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
One step closer after a long slow drive home from work i have all the pieces i need for the sump and matching ato. Super excited for this and really looking forward to this week and weekend to get this thing going. All the glass is here and ready to go. Have 2 more pieces i need that will be cut tonight for baffles and a brace piece for the bottom of the sump but all in all super happy right now. Grey glass for bottom sides and back and clear glass for the front viewing section. Solid grey ato reservoir with enclosed top piece that will be drilled.
Thats going to look so sharp! I may need to hook up the glass for my Frag tank!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the homie hookup. Can't wait to see it come together.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh momma what’s the tint on those ato panels?
Are you using tempered because that's all your shop uses?

How are you treating the fresh cut edges?
The edges are done before the tempering process.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i assume they temper it in house after cutting the panels?
Yea dude the big leagues. They make their own glass here and they make a lot of variations. I used to go through their catalog of samples back when I did showers. Pricey stuff but unmatched craftsmanship

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea dude the big leagues. They make their own glass here and they make a lot of variations. I used to go through their catalog of samples back when I did showers. Pricey stuff but unmatched craftsmanship
Learn me something. Why would you Want to temper the glass for aquarium use?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Learn me something. Why would you Want to temper the glass for aquarium use?
It’s not ideal but it is stronger, personally I would want tempered laminate so it doesn’t blow out. If your going to be careful on those edges then tempered can be useful. Guys around the shop would say tempered is 4x stronger against impact vs annealed. We all know that strength is not at the edge but you can drop a hammer on the center of 1/4” tempered from waist high and it won’t break. Some of my sump is tempered. I couldn’t get annealed at the time so I used what I had. I’m really careful using metal tools down there hah. One wrong move and there she blows.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not ideal but it is stronger, personally I would want tempered laminate so it doesn’t blow out. If your going to be careful on those edges then tempered can be useful. Guys around the shop would say tempered is 4x stronger against impact vs annealed. We all know that strength is not at the edge but you can drop a hammer on the center of 1/4” tempered from waist high and it won’t break. Some of my sump is tempered. I couldn’t get annealed at the time so I used what I had. I’m really careful using metal tools down there hah. One wrong move and there she blows.
That last line would be my great fear.

It's not on purpose that the edge is going to get dinged. It's an accidental bump, a dropped tool that freaks me out.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there will be an acrylic rim on top of the sump area and baffles covering the exposed edges. The thicker the glass the harder it is to break edge wise. The exposed edges will be 100% covered to make sure things like that dont happens. Tempered glass is stronger like @NowGlazeIT said. I used it for the sump since it is oversized i didnt want any flex or blow out from the volume of water going with a 6mm glass. The baffles will help keep everything tight. I do have annealed pieces for the things that will be drilled and slotted. When the edges are seamed it does make the edge stronger and is done before tempering. We have all different kinds of glass and recipes. From annealed to tempered to heat strengthened to laminate. We are a custom annealed and tempering facility. When this thing is done there will be no exposed edges. The side corners will be covered with red acrylic angle pieces. Everything is going to be top notch on this one and 100% explosion proof.

Back