OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, shes up and bangin'. Got everything plumbed up the other night! An this morning made the big move!
The water still has to clear a bit but its looking good.
Still got to make the gate mod for the G2 and tweek a few things in the fug.
Waiting on two power centers and a few more Korilias to come.
Guess this was a blessing that today was move day. When I arrived at my buddies house the return line came off the pump emptying the fug all over his basement, then it back syphoned about three inches. What a mess, glad it wasn't my house!!
Here is the only picture worth showing now, will post more as water quality improves.
FTVfromleft.jpg

OP
OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I guess its been a while. Been so wrapped up with constant tinkering with two tanks and changing jobs I have neglected this thread.

Tank parameters have been great, not a single blip on the radar screen once. I think I added like a table spoon of pH buff once and that is it!!!
Waters clear, could be better ofcourse. Corals are happy and fully expanded. Fish are crazy happy. Tang grips around a tank like its his first time in water.:D :D Firefish are gaining weight, they have hidden and been scared for so long, now they have room to rome!

Lately I have been tinkering with the gate valve mod on the G2, and thanks to Hopkins I now have some mesh to mod the impeller! Thanks Hopkins, I bettrer see you over here Thursday night:hammer:
Got a phosphate reactor in yesterday with the mini 606! Hopefully will finish these mods and reactor install this week end.
Still haven't got my cousin inlaw over to give me 4 dedicated breakers, but hopefully not much longer?!
Hopefully going to finish setting up the fresh ATO tank this weekend as well.

What do you guys think about a Mag 7 to SQWD to two Ocean Motion Revolutions on a closed loop? Ill have all the parts neccessary to do so after I break down my 55, except the Revolutions, why not right?

Hell what am I think of, this weekend is the day I have dreaded for some time now. Moving my buddies stuff accross town is a breeze comparred to this task.
Saturday I will be moving all my stuff from my 55 up stairs down to the 120 in the basement. Being as anal as I am with aquascape and coral placement this is going to take all day. Oh well it will be worth it Saturday night when I sit down to chill and enjoy.

Here are a few progression shots of the project, some obvious changes, and some things that obviously need to be changed. Any advice or critiscm (other than spelling lessons) are welcome.
Day one of macro vs. two weeks later.
120G041.jpg

120G162.jpg

A fun toy the Rev told me about, thanks Rev I think I am going to get at least one more maybe two.
120G163.jpg

A little plumbing action, as you can see from my rough scetch drawing things have changed!
120G157.jpg

Built a shelf for toys and things waiting to go in the tank, and foods and what not.
120G158.jpg

OP
OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case your wondering what that random ball valve is doing in the last picture, it will soon be plumbed directly into a drain line just to the left of the tank that goes into the floor. This will make for very easy water changes.
Going to buy a giant garbage can today and build a stand for it on caster wheels so its easy to roll around for the fresh salt mixes.
What can should I get?

OP
OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transfer is Complete

Well the transfer from my 55 to the new 120, joining my buddies things is completed Saturday!!!!!

Does anyone care, or is this sight gone directly to trades and ids only?:hammer:
Haven't had any posts or questions in a while?:confused:

Back