PNWReefer21

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I got a new frag of a tenuis acro and see that there are some brown diatom or algae in spots of the corralites. It doesn't blow off essily so I don't think it'd dino. This mean the skin there died. Could it be pests or tip burn? It's weird because it's random points on the acro.

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

DeniableArc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I got a new frag of a tenuis acro and see that there are some brown diatom or algae in spots of the corralites. It doesn't blow off essily so I don't think it'd dino. This mean the skin there died. Could it be pests or tip burn? It's weird because it's random points on the acro.
Do you have a picture?

fishface NJ

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Morganville, New Jersey and Cape Coral, Florida
Yes a photo of the acro would be great. Since you will be take a photo you should post one of the whole tank. White lights .... no blue. What are your parameters?

OP
PNWReefer21

PNWReefer21

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm not able to take a photo right now. Basically the area around the tenuis' corralite when polyp extends out has a little brown algae growing on it. Polyp ate still extended, but the algae seems to be growing. Only this tenuis has this problem. Could it be alk burn?

My alk is stable at 8, testing with trident. Nitrate at 5, Phos around 0.03-0.07. Not sure if it's alk burn if it happens outside of the tip too.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Why don't you have a NANO REEF in addition to your larger reef tank?

• Money

Votes: 15 7.4%
  • Space

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Time

Votes: 46 22.5%
  • Other Limitations

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • I DO HAVE ONE!

Votes: 105 51.5%
Pacific East