Did cleaner shrimps go up in price?

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a year or two ago I was seeing them around $20-25 each at the lfs. Was wanting one for my new nano but the lfs wanted $35. No thanks. Checked LA and they're $30.

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
~$30 is normal. $20-25 was a good deal.

/At least in SoCal

OP
OP
A

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really miss living in SoCal. I pretty much got all of my corals from other local reefers. Also knew a guy that goes to the wholesalers and I was getting livestock at 20-25% of what you'll pay at lfs. Don't get me wrong I'll support the lfs for things that I can't get from elsewhere or need right away.

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really miss living in SoCal. I pretty much got all of my corals from other local reefers. Also knew a guy that goes to the wholesalers and I was getting livestock at 20-25% of what you'll pay at lfs. Don't get me wrong I'll support the lfs for things that I can't get from elsewhere or need right away.
Yeah the reefing scene is big here, plenty of generous hobbyists and being so close to the wholesalers doesn't hurt. Can't beat SoCal IMO. I'm in LA now but I grew up in San Diego. Can't wait to get back down there.

Backto6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a year or two ago I was seeing them around $20-25 each at the lfs. Was wanting one for my new nano but the lfs wanted $35. No thanks. Checked LA and they're $30.
Depends where you are. I want to my lfs and they were selling them for $10

OP
OP
A

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends where you are. I want to my lfs and they were selling them for $10
Are you sure they're the scarlet skunk cleaner shrimps? Usually peppermint shrimps go for around $10.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back