Did my elegans eat my 12"+ yellow banded serpent star?

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I came over to my tank this morning as the lights were coming on. Look the entire tank over and just as I was about to walk away I noticed a protrusion from one of the mouths of my Elegans. Closer inspection revealed one of the legs of my 12in plus yellow banded serpent starfish sticking out of one of its mouths. I started to tug on it a little bit and it just kept coming out so I left it alone. Not only am I not sure the starfish is entirely in there or still alive but I do not want to hurt my Elegans which has done quite well over the years. So do you think that my starfish lost a leg or he is entirely eaten? I can tell you it is the fat side of his leg that was in the Elegans mouth. Suggesting that the rest of the starfish could be inside there. I will let people know if I come across the starfish with a missing leg. But I cannot see him at the moment.

downloadfile.png

20170721_110311.jpg

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a video posted with my elegans in a tug o war with my Harlequin shrimp pair over a choc. chip star, I couldn't believe it. The shrimp won

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back