Did Ryan ever give any update on his plan to use multiple different cycling products in a new tank setup...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In one of the BRS YouTube videos I saw awhile ago...

Ryan was talking about cycling products and at the end he stated he was going to use multiple different cycling products in a new tank setup in the future.

The reason being that there would be multiple different types of bacteria - and not just the ones from a single product.

I think he said he was going to use Dr. Tim's One and Only, Brightwell MicroBacter7 (or Start), and then one botique type one (can't remember the name)...

I tired looking for it, and a followup one on YouTube - but can't find either atm.

Anyone know if he ever posted a "results" type video - or anything...?

Whiskeyboy84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I never saw Ryan’s video however I have been researching doing this in my new build that is going to be an SPS dominant system I have ordered Microbacter 7, as well as two different Dr. Tim’s bacteria starters as well as Dr. Tim’s Ammonia to do a fishless cycle. Because of the different strains available in those products.

brendanwilson94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In one of the BRS YouTube videos I saw awhile ago...

Ryan was talking about cycling products and at the end he stated he was going to use multiple different cycling products in a new tank setup in the future.

The reason being that there would be multiple different types of bacteria - and not just the ones from a single product.

I think he said he was going to use Dr. Tim's One and Only, Brightwell MicroBacter7 (or Start), and then one botique type one (can't remember the name)...

I tired looking for it, and a followup one on YouTube - but can't find either atm.

Anyone know if he ever posted a "results" type video - or anything...?
I don’t know of any results or videos. It makes sense in theory. I personally used red seas starter kit and microbacter 7 in my lps dominant tank

OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the original one - it is this one from 4 years ago...

It was Dr. Tim's One and Only, Brightwell MicroBacter7, and Prodibio Start Up.

Starts @19:52:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We tried that on the BRS/WWC hybrid tank. Hard to say if it really did what we thought it would do as there was no control tank. eDNA testing will make this sort of test easier in the future, just not something that we've gotten to so far. It's slightly unrelated, but if you are looking into bacteria and starting up a new tank, be sure to check out the biome series that was recently released.

XavierZ06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used brightwell dry rock bacteria kit, MB7, and PNS substrate sauce + Probio. 4 months in, no ugly stage. Fish on day 3 and had 7 fish within months in a 150 gal.

Marco Rock and non live sand. Fresh out of the bag/box, no pre cycling. No seeding, nothing. Lights on day 1.

No filtration aside from Reefmat 1200 for the first month. Then skimmer. Now running a fuge. Setup is stable and corals have been in since first week.

Kenneth Wingerter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used brightwell dry rock bacteria kit, MB7, and PNS substrate sauce + Probio. 4 months in, no ugly stage. Fish on day 3 and had 7 fish within months in a 150 gal...
No filtration aside from Reefmat 1200 for the first month. Then skimmer. Now running a fuge. Setup is stable and corals have been in since first week.
Wow, nice!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.4%
Back