Did they discontinue Red Dragon Speedy 3 high pressure??

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting mixed reports on the discontinuing of RD S3 100w high pressure pump. I ordered one 10 days ago and they said it should ship from manufacturer . Manufacturers website no longer has it listed and 1 other site says discontinued. Reached out to manufacturer, but haven't heard anything.

If that's the case, what's the options for a DC pump that can handle pressure?? Is Abyzz the only one??

Currently have COR20 on IM 200 int penninsula. Unfortunately tank only has one 3/4" return. Have it running through elbows, unions, uv. Maxed out getting 530gph.

Thanks for any insight.

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldnt be surprised if its discontinued due to the rd5 130w being a good and cheaper alternative for high pressure applications.

OP
OP
Thor2j

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldnt be surprised if its discontinued due to the rd5 130w being a good and cheaper alternative for high pressure applications.
That's what I was thinking. And it looks like it doesn't need $200 to make it work with apex.

Unfortunately my reseller had sn open box 100 watt that I got before I realized that.

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. It has not been discontinued. When they dissapear from the US websitge, it’s normally because we are out of stock in the US. We also had one of our main guns out sick at the US warehouse which caused a shipping backlog for the last several days at our US Warehouse. Things should be back to normal first of next week.

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RD3 is a VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) pump which is vastly different that a DC pump since the motor operates off of AC Voltage vs DC Voltage. The RD5 pump was released for a couple reasons. First is a less expensive option for a more budget conscious market. The 2nd reason was to meet European low voltage mandates that require low voltage (DC) motors for certain European electrical certifications.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RD3 is a VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) pump which is vastly different that a DC pump since the motor operates off of AC Voltage vs DC Voltage. The RD5 pump was released for a couple reasons. First is a less expensive option for a more budget conscious market.
I am confused. I thought the RD3 is a DC pump?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back