Did this come out of my tank?

ramabama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
So I was changing filter socks and grabbed a bucket to put them in not paying attention to see if anything was in the bucket. Took the socks to the sink and noticed something moving in the bottom of the bucket. Sorry for bad pic but this thing is tiny. Can someone please help me id?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
So I was changing filter socks and grabbed a bucket to put them in not paying attention to see if anything was in the bucket. Took the socks to the sink and noticed something moving in the bottom of the bucket. Sorry for bad pic but this thing is tiny. Can someone please help me id?
Yup, sure did! It's an amphipod. Good critter to have. I end up with about 50 of them in my filter socks every night.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh cool. Thanks for the help. Still kind of new to salt water, learning something new all the time. Freaked me out a little when I saw it. I was like GREAT, what have I done now..... Ha Ha, thanks again!
Glad to help. Think of them as one of the smaller members of your CuC and a quality midnight snack for your fish. ;)

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh cool. Thanks for the help. Still kind of new to salt water, learning something new all the time. Freaked me out a little when I saw it. I was like GREAT, what have I done now..... Ha Ha, thanks again!
You're on the right track; free live food for your fish.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back