Didn't do water change before redosing prazipro

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost track of a day (2 month old baby) and literally realized an hour before the 7 day cutoff that i needed to dose my second round of prazipro or I would possibly have to treat a 3rd time. Normally I do a 25% water change, how big of a deal is this? How soon can I do a water change while still making sure this second dose was effective?

Have a 2.5" CBB and 2" matted file in a 20g QT with seeded 4" sponge filter and ac 30 with sponge/biomedia. I also have a koralia nano pointed at the surface for extra gas exchange. These were prophylactic treatments and I did not see any symptoms of flukes in the 9 days prior to starting the first treatment. The CBB does have lympho however it has been improving over the last 2 days.

Thanks!

Clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost track of a day (2 month old baby) and literally realized an hour before the 7 day cutoff that i needed to dose my second round of prazipro or I would possibly have to treat a 3rd time. Normally I do a 25% water change, how big of a deal is this? How soon can I do a water change while still making sure this second dose was effective?

Have a 2.5" CBB and 2" matted file in a 20g QT with seeded 4" sponge filter and ac 30 with sponge/biomedia. I also have a koralia nano pointed at the surface for extra gas exchange. These were prophylactic treatments and I did not see any symptoms of flukes in the 9 days prior to starting the first treatment. The CBB does have lympho however it has been improving over the last 2 days.

Thanks!

I have performed 2 doses of prazipro over 5-7 days before without doing a water change. I didn't have any issues with it.

Myk

Aquatic Creations www.ReefDelivery.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my knowledge the Prazipro is pretty safe. They should be fine until you can get to doing a water change for them.

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question. I’ve never changed the water before the second dose.

OP
OP
BigJohnny

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the main reason to do a water change is to reduce the possible effects from a die off of flukes and reduce the amount of the chemical that keeps the prazipro in a liquid, whatever that is. I had no issues and actually didn't do one water change for 6 weeks in qt. 2 doses of prazi. Copperband and filefish

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back