Dierk's 75G Tank Build

Best reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
Dierks

Dierks

View Badges
Reaction score
You know you are right!!! It has been way to long since i updated this. I will get on some pictures and updates soon! Like tonight when lighting is good :) Gotta show off the good side of the Corals you know. I still only have my SixLine in the tanks so he is loving life right now. Getting crazy fat and thinking this Tank upgrade was all about him. I am very excited to get a bunch of new fish. In fact the plan is to have about 20 new fish come in (Transshipping) for the new business. I will be QT'ing fish for folks like Humblefish did so I am so looking forward to getting that company off the ground!

OP
Dierks

Dierks

View Badges
Reaction score
hows the pod station?
Sadly I got very sick right after I started my culture and lost them all.... I should order new ones but man I tell you what my Sixline wasn't having any of it. He picked off every pod that got into the tank it seemed. I do have a bit of space in my Sump for these guys to live and then get transferred up into the tank randomly so I will try again. I didnt think about it the last time I put them into the sump I actually pulled a really bonehead move and put them in the same chamber as my heater and I think it was the demise of them as that chamber gets pretty stinking warm.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sixlines scare me, the one I head didnt line me adding fish after it. He went back to the LFS and waited for his new home. Hopefully you don't have the same experience. Maybe adding more than one fish will yield different results.

Also thats super cool that you will be QT'ing fish for people! I wish you the best of luck in your business endeavor! Keep us posted on that as well

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sadly I got very sick right after I started my culture and lost them all.... I should order new ones but man I tell you what my Sixline wasn't having any of it. He picked off every pod that got into the tank it seemed. I do have a bit of space in my Sump for these guys to live and then get transferred up into the tank randomly so I will try again. I didnt think about it the last time I put them into the sump I actually pulled a really bonehead move and put them in the same chamber as my heater and I think it was the demise of them as that chamber gets pretty stinking warm.
Oh no!
I have my heaters in my drain section and my temp probe in the chamber right after so i don't notice mine getting hot.
Tip on the pods is and then awhile after lights out, they will have a better chance making it into the rocks. My sixline demolished my pod population also though.

How often do you "endorse" reef aquarium products?

• Every Chance I get

Votes: 22 5.2%
  • Only In Certain Situations

Votes: 192 45.6%
  • Not Too Often

Votes: 144 34.2%
  • Never

Votes: 57 13.5%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 6 1.4%

Online statistics

Members online