OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it being 13G is a perfect size for them. Thanks for planting the idea in my brain @MrWheelock

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know you are right!!! It has been way to long since i updated this. I will get on some pictures and updates soon! Like tonight when lighting is good :) Gotta show off the good side of the Corals you know. I still only have my SixLine in the tanks so he is loving life right now. Getting crazy fat and thinking this Tank upgrade was all about him. I am very excited to get a bunch of new fish. In fact the plan is to have about 20 new fish come in (Transshipping) for the new business. I will be QT'ing fish for folks like Humblefish did so I am so looking forward to getting that company off the ground!

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hows the pod station?
Sadly I got very sick right after I started my culture and lost them all.... I should order new ones but man I tell you what my Sixline wasn't having any of it. He picked off every pod that got into the tank it seemed. I do have a bit of space in my Sump for these guys to live and then get transferred up into the tank randomly so I will try again. I didnt think about it the last time I put them into the sump I actually pulled a really bonehead move and put them in the same chamber as my heater and I think it was the demise of them as that chamber gets pretty stinking warm.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixlines scare me, the one I head didnt line me adding fish after it. He went back to the LFS and waited for his new home. Hopefully you don't have the same experience. Maybe adding more than one fish will yield different results.

Also thats super cool that you will be QT'ing fish for people! I wish you the best of luck in your business endeavor! Keep us posted on that as well

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I got very sick right after I started my culture and lost them all.... I should order new ones but man I tell you what my Sixline wasn't having any of it. He picked off every pod that got into the tank it seemed. I do have a bit of space in my Sump for these guys to live and then get transferred up into the tank randomly so I will try again. I didnt think about it the last time I put them into the sump I actually pulled a really bonehead move and put them in the same chamber as my heater and I think it was the demise of them as that chamber gets pretty stinking warm.
Oh no!
I have my heaters in my drain section and my temp probe in the chamber right after so i don't notice mine getting hot.
Tip on the pods is and then awhile after lights out, they will have a better chance making it into the rocks. My sixline demolished my pod population also though.

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... What a blast from the past!! I haven't seen this build thread in a very long time.

Lots of change in the tank in the last 2+ years since these pictures were taken. Also the Fishotel is way to large. To think all of this in under 3 years. I am now running over 1000 Total gallons of saltwater. If anyone has any interest in that simply ask and I can dive further into that. Being this is so old, and rising out of the grave I will assume not many will care. With that being said, the journey has been so incredible and the folks I have got to know and got to work with have been amazing. The fish I have had a chance to work with have been a dream come true, I honestly still have no idea how I have fallen onto this path of doing something I truly enjoy. I guess a ton of hard work and networking does pay off in the end if you are willing to work long and hard enough for it. The worst part is that everyday that passes and you make your little piece a tiny bit better or bigger nobody even cares. So you truly have to have your heart and head in the right place as there will be very little praise, but if it makes you happy its all worth it at the end of the day!

I don't make a lot of money, but I am happy most days! And to me, that is what life is about.
IMG_20220810_214221.jpg

Here is an updated shot of tank, I just got done installing new T5 Retro kits to add to the LED's as I want to start getting into sticks and may have gone a bit crazy with the sale with @SBB Corals this last weekend.

Here is that Haul :) May have lost control a bit.

SBBHaul.png

Anyways, figure I would drop an update. I have no idea how often I will update as I havent been around in a long time but figured it might be fun to do a small one just in case someone ever comes across this thread!

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did my first Dad Thing today... I didn't cry, Pppfff.... you cried...

IMG_20220818_202829.jpg

Been a very long and hard struggle to get here, we are so excited to meet her for the first time in two weeks.

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, Considering Keeping this little fella...

I know not many people care much as I have been gone for a long while but I figured it might be fun to start posting some stuff back on here.

Armitage-Angelfish.jpg

I also did get the Green Light from @4FordFamily to start up a Build thread for the Shop build. I am still kicking around the idea as I understand the fine line I will have to walk. Seems like it would be very easy to cross it so I will have to really consider it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along!

that fish is gorgeous!
Well Hello!! Good to see you buddy!!

Thanks, I have him through QT and now I am just trying to decide if he might be the first fish in the New 125.

Not much to see here as I do a lot of updating outside this site, but I will start updating both. Just feel like you are shouting into a Hurricane here sometimes. It was pretty crazy to go back and see my build process and it taking place. Pretty much that last post was the last time I had been here!

Again thanks for following along and I am almost all caught up on your thread!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 60 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back