diet for cleaner wrasse?

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am aware of how cleaner wrasse have the "hard to keep alive/get eating" title most places you look, i picked up a healthy good looking fat 3 1/2 or so inch one for a steal of a deal figured id try it out. i have most frozen foods that are widely available to try so any suggestions would be awesome. i read somewhere reef frenzy works good sometimes with them specifically so im going to buy that and try it. tank is rather heavily stocked now with anthias scopas tang maroon clowns few blennys and damsels etc.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that ate frozen mysis and LRS very well as well as frozen gut loaded brine shrimp. I have a few larger tangs and the wrasse was doing very well until it swam strait into an MP40. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it happen. It wasn't even chasing food. Was pretty strange

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that ate frozen mysis and LRS very well as well as frozen gut loaded brine shrimp. I have a few larger tangs and the wrasse was doing very well until it swam strait into an MP40. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it happen. It wasn't even chasing food. Was pretty strange
i actually have anthias in my tank so ive tried 5 different foods today, he ate like a pig on all five! crazy lucky i guess? even eats flakes and pellets im shocked from what ive read online they are hard to get eating. guess we will see in a month or so if hes really gonna make it though

NotReefsafe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
note that cleaner wrasses require fish mucus to properly digest their food. Even if it is eating, it needs to be cleaning quite a few fish to live long term.

A better option is a biota captive bred cleaner wrasse.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back