Different mushrooms on the same rock.

thedandandandy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large rock with a couple of ricordea florida on it already. What I was wondering was if different types of mushrooms (such as adding yuma, green striped, blue, super red, fox coral etc) can live on the same rock. I like the idea of the mix of textures and colors on the same rock, but don't want them to battle over space and one kill the other off. Has anyone had success with this?

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yuma is a ricordia so you should not have any issues with that one, I dont know about the rest however

OP
OP
T

thedandandandy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah okay. That's alright. I have enough rock that I can put the different kinds I want spaced far enough apart then. Thanks for the info!

El Fantasma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushrooms will definitely war with each other. If you can keep specific species together knowing they are the same you will have no issues. Mixing mushrooms is possible if you know the science behind it first. :)

amppdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29g with easily over 200 polyps of discosoma (green stripe, red, superman and purple with blue spots) that all get along fine. They do not however get along with the floridas (have never gotten my yumas close enough to find out), protopalys (protopalys lose the battle) or kenya trees (discos are shriveled and discolored where contacting the base of the kenyas, but they still grow). My branching frogspawn seems to be bothered by them as well, but there is also a shading issue so I'm not sure which is really the problem).

You could always try placing them close together on a temporary basis and see what happens. Ive heard of corals that peacefully coexist in one tank, but go to war in another. I doubt they are going to kill each other off in one day so might be worth checking it out.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back