Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Cleaner wrasses are notorious for not eating.
I don’t know how @vetteguy53081 has been so lucky with them being so good at feeding as I’ve (And many other people) never had luck and most starve in captivity.
As promised. . . try to get this torpedo to stay stiill !!!

1659998363553.jpeg
1659998393226.jpeg

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yeah...

My grail fish (probably silly compared to what I've kept) is a Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse.

A while ago Quality Marine had tank raised Hawaiian Cleaners, but I really haven't heard anything of them since that. I would love to know how that worked out.

Eric Cohen, my business partner with TankStop used to run Sea Dwelling Creatures and straight up said he would ask divers to not collect them and said pretty much impossible to keep alive.

I've had normal Cleaners with no problem.

I did have three Hawaiian Cleaners brought in from Hawaii and all three died at varying stages of QT. Each had it's own tank as well.

Even though my wife would probably murder/divorce me, I would come back into the hobby on the hobbyist side to try a species only Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse tank (one only, since I know multiple cleaners will not work). This would allow me to skip QT and just going into an established tank with some coral. I have no idea what to feed and maybe just having enough "life" in the tank would be enough.

I HATE the idea of trying just to try and killing fish.

Curious if anyone has had any luck, or knows more about the tank raised Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse.

BTW : The normal cleaner in this tank was in there the entire time I had my tank up...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back