Digital Loggers Web Power Switch Error

dmolavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded to 5.0, and at the same time updated my DLI switch to the most current firmware well, but I'm now getting 401 authentication errors when toggling relays. I've double checked my config and it is correct wrt username, password and IP address.

The DLI has the following in it's log:
Code:
login denied for <user>: unexpected or malformed reply

I have a pcap file of the transaction that I can email to you @Ranjib (I obviously don't want to post it here). The API doesn't appear to have changed, so I'm wondering if we're doing the digest authentication incorrectly or something....

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded to 5.0, and at the same time updated my DLI switch to the most current firmware well, but I'm now getting 401 authentication errors when toggling relays. I've double checked my config and it is correct wrt username, password and IP address.

The DLI has the following in it's log:
Code:
login denied for <user>: unexpected or malformed reply

I have a pcap file of the transaction that I can email to you @Ranjib (I obviously don't want to post it here). The API doesn't appear to have changed, so I'm wondering if we're doing the digest authentication incorrectly or something....
Hmm. Don’t send the pcap file yet. I have to find some time to diagnose if it’s a reef-pi issue , let’s first confirm that’s the case.
Does reverting back to the older working version fixes the issue ? If so we can check reef-pi things , else it’s more of dli thing , but still we might be able to fix it at reef-pi end.

OP
OP
dmolavi

dmolavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the error, looks like reef-pi isn't sending across everything required in the request. I can elaborate more in PM if you'd like.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the error, looks like reef-pi isn't sending across everything required in the request. I can elaborate more in PM if you'd like.
Please do, a github issue will be more useful. Im trying to understand if this was firmware upgrade related or due to reef-pi.

Back