Digitate hydroids

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You can but problem is , in numbers, they steal food, annoy some coral and even sting nearby coral as they colonize

OP
OP
J

Johnny bass07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but with my setup it will be impossible to remove any corals or rocks. There are a lot and can't see them ever going away.

BillyW

FOWLR while out on the island of Oahu!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s crazy that you posted this. I just battled them for the last few months. It’s been terrible. I read a ton on it an ended up using the Safe-Guard with Fenbendazole. I had lost like 4 or 5 sps before trying this but it was honestly my last ditch effort to starting over with new rock. I didn’t lose anything, but it definitely affected a torch that I have. It’s been about a month now and I haven’t seen any. It will kill most of your snails, I still can’t put some snails in without them dying within a few hours to days. There’s a thread on here that explains how to do it, it’s a pain in the but sifting through the packets to get the fenbendazole, but it worked as of now

BillyW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I narrowed it down to where mine began, there’s one on the bottom of this frag. They slowly took over and I had no idea what to do, killing them is hard. In total I lost 7 other SPS frags, and it sucked. And my wife was super ticked 0DA14E35-E963-49C0-B604-A589182FB751.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Johnny bass07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Might have to try it. I will wait and see if it's starts bothering my corals before I do.

BillyW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have questions let me know, we’re currently living in an Airbnb waiting for housing so I’ve had a lot of time recently! D9457032-527B-407B-BD1E-D76F92FCEEA1.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Johnny bass07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I nuked all my rock before I put them in my 265 gallon because of the hydroids and bubble algae. I only put of few corals in the new tank. I dipped and scrubbed the one I put back and still got them. I could have got the from the cheato I put in a couple of months ago because I didn't see them before that.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back