Diluting Elimi-NP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

blazerino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it ok to dilute Elmi-np in RO/DI water to get a reasonable concentration for dosing?
I gave a 75 gallon tank so at full concentration the starting daily dose is 0.3 ML.
The Neptune Dos can theoretically dose that small of a volume but I don’t really want to tie up a Dos head for this. I would rather put it in a cheaper doser at a much lower concentration to offset any inherent inaccuracies.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is always best to mention us in your post with a bump. While we try to follow ALL threads, there are certainly times when things are posted that don't make it onto our radar. The bump and mention work great. Thanks for doing that!

To answer your question...If organic carbon products are diluted they will start to degrade. The high concentration usually avoids bacterial and fungal degradation. After dilution the degradation starts vert quickly. This applies more or less to all kind of organic carbon dosing, no matter whether sugar, acetate or other organic acids, ethanol or other compounds, including our carbon dosing product line.

I hope this is helpful, even if it is not exactly the answer you would have liked to see! :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back