Dino’s or cyano

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blackouts are free and are pretty effective. That’s why so many people on this forum recommend them. The issue people have is they rush the blackout. Everything looks good so they run the lights like normal, feed like normal, and what little dinos are left in the system come right back.
The thing about this hobby is that there are so many bitter people. Their answer is the only answer, the equipment they buy is the only equipment that works, they had it rough so you have to have it rough to...

Time is an issue here. There are approaches that are free, that won’t harm your tank, that you can experiment with (back off or continue). Inaction and waiting is gonna do more harm than trying. To each their own

They are free, but if you go to the threads here, the ones where each type of dinos are id and treatment for each is outlined, they do NOT work for most dinos.

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click the first link Taricha post in this thread, and read about the different types of dinos and which ones work with black out, you'll see what I am talking about

Wampatom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the post by taricha: tests for diatoms, cyano, and dinos.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back