Dino cleared over night

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a few tanks set up but one is an evo 13.5. This system has been fishless for a while and I started to get a bad Dino outbreak.
I realized this probably had to do with at least in part with the 0 nitrates so I did a test found it to be a 0.0 and decided to take 3 gallons out of another tank that was at 16 PPM nitrates and replaced 3 gallons in the EVO last night.

This morning the Dinos are 98 percent gone!!

I wish I had some before and after pictures as I even find it hard to believe. I am not sure if it was just the nitrates or if there is something else special in my other aquarium, but I am going to continue to do small water changes from one tank into this one until the Dinos are completely gone and I decide on which fish I want to help keep the nitrates up.

Anyways wanted to post in case anyone else is in the same spot with multiple aquariums for me it worked out pretty dang good.
I almost feel like I should try to preserve some water from my other tank or maybe send it in for an ICP test to try to find out what the magic was if it was not just the nitrates....

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done this on several occasions to beat dinos. Much easier than dosing nitrate/po4 supplements directly to the water.
I actually use water change from some of the lower nutrient systems to change water on the other tanks regularly. Salt is getting pricey...

Back