Dino ID and Assistance

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: Hit post before I wrote the actual thread so doing edit. Here are pictures, bare with me....
IMG_0672.JPG
IMG_3730.JPG

I have been battling dino on and off for about 9 months with no full end in sight. I got a "microscrop" for christmas and was able to get the following photos. IMG_2930.JPG Dino1.jpg dino2.jpg

OP
OP
NeonRabbit221B

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I have time to pull another sample and get a video I will. They did move quite a bit and almost seemed flat at times. From pictures/observations they seem to avoid high flow but definitely get worse with light. Thinking Ostreopsis but might be a combo issue... Hard to tell about toxicity as I have a puffer who liked to knock snails over (and kill them?)

Here is a brief description of what I have done. 40B foam AIO.
Dino likely survived a low light period of 4 weeks in which I transfer the live rock from another tank which was about 4 months ago so the tank is relatively new... After the cycle and transfer they nutrients bottomed out during christmas time and my battle shifted from "eh" to a total take over.

Back when I was running my 30 gallon which was short lived I tried the following
UV
Blackout (3 days)
Peroxide
Short period of high nutrients before the transfer to a tote...

After I saw them on the upgrade I have done the following
Manual removal through a 10 micron sock
Carbon
Raise nutrients to N of 15 and P of .15
Dosed vibrant (been relatively inconsistent...)
Continued with UV
Added additional live rock
Added 1L or so of mud from the beach
Manual Removal

Still fighting them but it seems I have made some headway. Any advice or potential ID? Kinda getting to the point of lacking motivation to keep fighting with it.

Back