Dino ID help please

Mattg7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv been battling these dinos for months. Done blackouts, dino X, mb7. Started on the sand then moved to the rocks now on both. currently using Dino X again and dosing mb7 daily. nitrates and phos at 0. Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_4648.MOV
    49.6 MB

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not loading for me but battling any type of Dinos with 0 phos and nitrates is impossible. They thrive in those conditions. You need to find a way to dose some back into your tank.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would dosing cheato gro or seachem flourish achieve that?
I would guess so but IMO I would feed extra as if you were feeding fish or something. I’ve heard mixed opinions on algae growth formulas to increase nutrients because dinos likely feeds off those same nutrients better than processed fish food ;Dead

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would dosing cheato gro or seachem flourish achieve that?
If you don't want the hassle of mixing potassium nitrate and whatever the ingredient for phos I use neonitro and neophos and I'm happy with it. I agree with PBnJ on feeding extra but don't feed WAYY too extra because then you get an excess of organics that might not help the issue.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't want the hassle of mixing potassium nitrate and whatever the ingredient for phos I use neonitro and neophos and I'm happy with it. I agree with PBnJ on feeding extra but don't feed WAYY too extra because then you get an excess of organics that might not help the issue.
I used neo phos/nitro when I was battling mine now I think about it. I still have my 2L bottles of each!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back