Dino X killing fish and the corals are shrinking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using Dino X last Friday Feb. 12th and I added 10ml for a 65 gallon DT & sump and continued dosing this amount every 2 days as instructed on the label.

When I first started I had removed my carbon (Chemi-pure Blue), increased the flow and kept my skimmer running. Yesterday I discovered 2 dead fish (they were extremely healthy) and some or the corals are shrinking, needless to say I was upset.

Should I put the Chemi-pure Blue back into the sump?

I don't want to have any further fish or coral loss, what else can I do?

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never used Dino x but you have dinos the only method that worked for me was to stop water changes, bring up PO4 and NO3, stop cleaning the glass, and run a uv sterilizer. You do not need to turn off lights or skimmer. If your livestock is dying I’d do a water change.

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think the Dino x is killing your fish it’s the dying dinos releasing toxins. This is the biggest downfall of Dino x as they advise to stop running carbon :/

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point if I was sure it was the dino x ( ive never used it) causing the fish deaths and decline in corals I would do everything necessary to remove any trace of it in the water.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point if I was sure it was the dino x ( ive never used it) causing the fish deaths and decline in corals I would do everything necessary to remove any trace of it in the water.
Dino X is after 2 days completely out of the tank. It is biodegraded by the microorganisms in the aquarium

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back