iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a sweet idea! Might do something similar.

The nem is way bigger than I thought. I’m going to say 4-5” across it’s base. I’ll have to wait and see once it’s comfortable, hard to tell today.

I also noticed something else today, to add to the drama…looks a lot like Valonia . Looks like it hitchhiked on the coral plug. I only see a few bubbles which I will remove tomorrow but already bracing for more. I have to admit, I didn’t inspect these plugs thoroughly the day I got them at the local expo awhile back.

IMG_4307.jpeg
quite the diversity you’ve got in that little tank. I had historically gotten lucky with hitchhikers. These vermetids are my first since starting in 2010. I hate them with every fiber of my being. I wish I would have smashed right away

Last edited:

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A diverse set of problems.

Still having a good time, though.
I think it’s also fun learning how to manage all the hobby has to offer. Gets frustrating to but I enjoy destroying those things that frustrate me with knowledge and implementation

WillpoleReefers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great so far! Love the way you sorted the looks of the surrounding area with the blue!

Steve

OP
OP
L

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 25 Lagoon came in. Box damaged but tank looks perfect. Am I being naive? Would this be an issue for you?

Attachments

• IMG_4331.jpeg
    IMG_4331.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4332.jpeg
    IMG_4332.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4333.jpeg
    IMG_4333.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
L

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty exciting an hectic week for this tank.

On Thursday, my 25 Lagoon showed up. I decided to move the cube downstairs right away so I could spend Friday getting the 25 going.

Got it all moved downstairs, and then the anemone dissapeared into the rock work for a couple days.

However, this morning…

IMG_4348.jpeg

IMG_4349.jpeg

It decided to come out and join the party. It’s so beautiful, and I’m glad as I was getting very worried about it’s well-being. All the advice in other threads just said be patient so I just kept my hands out.

All of the LPS and many Zoas will be moved to the new tank, and this tank will become mainly an LTA and softy tank.

Here is my new view

IMG_4352.jpeg

Speaking of the 25….all the mature rock was added. Went out and picked up some hermits and snails, and a small leather frag that looked like it had a lot of potential.

Here is a pic of the set up process. Will start a new thread for it and get some real shots later this weekend.

IMG_4344.jpeg

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty exciting an hectic week for this tank.

On Thursday, my 25 Lagoon showed up. I decided to move the cube downstairs right away so I could spend Friday getting the 25 going.

Got it all moved downstairs, and then the anemone dissapeared into the rock work for a couple days.

However, this morning…

IMG_4348.jpeg

IMG_4349.jpeg

It decided to come out and join the party. It’s so beautiful, and I’m glad as I was getting very worried about it’s well-being. All the advice in other threads just said be patient so I just kept my hands out.

All of the LPS and many Zoas will be moved to the new tank, and this tank will become mainly an LTA and softy tank.

Here is my new view

IMG_4352.jpeg

Speaking of the 25….all the mature rock was added. Went out and picked up some hermits and snails, and a small leather frag that looked like it had a lot of potential.

Here is a pic of the set up process. Will start a new thread for it and get some real shots later this weekend.

IMG_4344.jpeg
IMG_2263.gif

Anything you plan to do different starting this lagoon?

OP
OP
L

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2263.gif

Anything you plan to do different starting this lagoon?

Well, I have a self imposed budget, so that will help to slow me down a little. I definitely overcommited while setting up the 15g cube, and ended up moving a bit too fast.

All the rock is from established reefs or has been seeded, so that should help rather than relying on LifeRock completely.

I don't think I will do Clowns in the lagoon - looking at things which use the rockwork a bit more. I'd love to do a CB Orchid Dottyback but I love hermits and crabs too much. Maybe something like a Court Jester Goby.

Here's a look at it with it's little baby Toadstool frag and CuC.

1685839883393.png

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have a self imposed budget, so that will help to slow me down a little. I definitely overcommited while setting up the 15g cube, and ended up moving a bit too fast.

All the rock is from established reefs or has been seeded, so that should help rather than relying on LifeRock completely.

I don't think I will do Clowns in the lagoon - looking at things which use the rockwork a bit more. I'd love to do a CB Orchid Dottyback but I love hermits and crabs too much. Maybe something like a Court Jester Goby.

Here's a look at it with it's little baby Toadstool frag and CuC.

1685839883393.png
Sweet! I enjoy my Orchid. I just added some hermits for the first time in a while. I haven’t noticed any predation by the Orchid.

OP
OP
L

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So had a sad day today - had to separate my clowns. The larger one had gotten nasty in the last 10 days, sometimes chasing the smaller one to the top, causing it to jump. Luckily I have a screen, but I t was sad to watch.

This morning they actually looked like they were paired and they were in the anemone. I was psyched!

IMB_jn3Afg.gif

But then I checked again later in the day and once again, they were split up, with the female taking runs at the litte guy. I watched her rip a chunk of fin off and that was it.

Moved her to the 25…now they both just seem lonely. Going to give them shot #2 at love once he’s healed up and full of food and confidence. If it goes wrong again, I will likely try to sell her.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking good. And, yes, clowns can be a--holes sometimes.

As a side note, I'm in the market for a 30w Helio Mini. If you still have yours kicking around and would like to offload it, IM me.

OP
OP
L

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking good. And, yes, clowns can be a--holes sometimes.

As a side note, I'm in the market for a 30w Helio Mini. If you still have yours kicking around and would like to offload it, IM me.
I would like to unload it, but I am up in Canada! Probably much cheaper options for you.

Cheers for the comment.

OP
OP
L

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA! No worries.

I have an IM Nuvo 10g that is an anemone tank, so I'm drawn to threads like this one. :D

I ended up moving all of my coral (well, most of it) this past weekend, so I am excited to slowly add to my BTA collection over the coming months. Right now, the tank is just one beaten up clown and one giant BTA (and a few softy/zoa frags that have endured).

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up moving all of my coral (well, most of it) this past weekend, so I am excited to slowly add to my BTA collection over the coming months. Right now, the tank is just one beaten up clown and one giant BTA (and a few softy/zoa frags that have endured).

My 10g has a mix of Rainbow, Ultra Rainbow, Acid Rain and Warp Drive BTAs, plus a few Rock Flowers. I'm also in the process of upgrading/moving things around, so I'll eventually be expanding the BTA collection myself. It's a whole nother addiction. :D

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back