Dinos, Coraline and Macroalgae

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've been searching the old threads and can't nail down an answers to two questions.... do dinos crash coralline? It seems like my coralline has been dying off. I have several of those glowing pink spots right now... and a few white spots of death.
I've read all of the remedies about additives... Dr Tim's, hydrogen peroxide, Brightwell and Vibrant. Last question... are any of those additive solutions dangerous to macroalgae? I have a bunch of red algae - pom pom, red grape, etc in addition to chaeto. I'm ready to go nuclear on the dinos but wondering if I should move all of the macros to a QT first?
I'm just trying to kill this stuff back so I don't transfer any into the new build when the tank arrives next month.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've been searching the old threads and can't nail down an answers to two questions.... do dinos crash coralline? It seems like my coralline has been dying off. I have several of those glowing pink spots right now... and a few white spots of death.
I've read all of the remedies about additives... Dr Tim's, hydrogen peroxide, Brightwell and Vibrant. Last question... are any of those additive solutions dangerous to macroalgae? I have a bunch of red algae - pom pom, red grape, etc in addition to chaeto. I'm ready to go nuclear on the dinos but wondering if I should move all of the macros to a QT first?
I'm just trying to kill this stuff back so I don't transfer any into the new build when the tank arrives next month.
Any pics?

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if dinos are known to harm coralline algae.
Vibrant definitely, peroxide in some amounts - can kill macroalgae.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back