Dinos?! Help a reefer out! :(

bherbold8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank just past the 3 month mark. I've been dealing with undetectable NO3 and po4 for about 6-7 weeks (now only two fish in my 25G mini peninsula).

I was thinking it's Dinos but my turbo has been eating it......just need help with ID so I can form a plan of attack.

haven't removed anything off the back glass since the tank has been running, so planning on cleaning it up tomorrow with a 3 gallon WC...Thanks in advance !

2C41CA50-138D-4688-8F59-820115FE2134.jpeg FB3A199A-43F6-466E-97C8-B557AFEDC71A.jpeg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look like dinos to me. Probably still part of the new tank uglies. You'll want to get the no3/po4 up though. I'd scrape off the back wall junk and siphon it out... then retest your nutrient levels a day later.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look like dinos to me. Probably still part of the new tank uglies. You'll want to get the no3/po4 up though. I'd scrape off the back wall junk and siphon it out... then retest your nutrient levels a day later.
agreed. up the nutrients! prob the last thing you expect us to say

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually no , I've been trying to up the nutrients for over a month! Need to pick up another fish or start dosing NO3/po4.
When my tank was young, i had to dose nutrients as well. Used Sodium Nitrate and seachem flourish phosphorous. I started too late... after a Dino bloom! Start early...

OP
OP
bherbold8

bherbold8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my tank was young, i had to dose nutrients as well. Used Sodium Nitrate and seachem flourish phosphorous. I started too late... after a Dino bloom! Start early...
Thank you , going to manually remove with a water change tomorrow and then start dosing by end of week

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back