DINOS That stay at night???????

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked my tank at about midnight and could still see a slight dusting on the sand and lower rocks?? I was under the impression they went into the water at night?

I have a UV coming tomorrow that I plan to install which I pray will get me on the road to recovery.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked my tank at about midnight and could still see a slight dusting on the sand and lower rocks?? I was under the impression they went into the water at night?

I have a UV coming tomorrow that I plan to install which I pray will get me on the road to recovery.
Some do some do not.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amphidiniums and prorocentrum do not rise into the water column at night ...i would suggest dosing si / liquid silicate to induce a diatom bloom too out compete them

OP
OP
loweryphil

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amphidiniums and prorocentrum do not rise into the water column at night ...i would suggest dosing si / liquid silicate to induce a diatom bloom too out compete them
Thanks, the vast majority does dissappear but it leaves some behind, however first thing in a morning it appears gone. But slowly comes back after an hour or so. I used the Dino ID thread and it has the characteristics of osteo, long stringy and bubbles. Aslo over everything not just the sand.

DSC_0522.JPG DSC_0521.JPG

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For ostreopsis use a UV hanging directly in the tank...keep the pump down low in the tank and flow a slow as possible through it ..

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back