Dinos??

indiana812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s nearly Impossible to tell rather or not they are dinos, but I am almost positive it is. I do not have a microscope at the current time.

I am dosing microbacter7 and took all remaining filter products out besides the floss.
Notice in how stringy it is in the back of the trachy.

I spot feed reef roids 1 or 2 times a week, and then feed the clowns ~8 pallets a day. I Hardly ever see pellets drop.
Thoughts?

5CF3E2DD-C236-4F0B-B989-9839EFF805F8.jpeg 3CF05583-776A-4746-88A2-1187F19CBC22.jpeg

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some areas of sand that are more solid covered. Could be cyanobacter or Dino’s. you will find Dino’s also readily occurring on the front pane as a dusting and with low nitrates and phosphates. If you turkey blast cyanobacter carpets they come off more in pieces. Would you know phosphate and nitrate?
Also think if a UV may help to control future outbreaks.

OP
OP
I

indiana812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some areas of sand that are more solid covered. Could be cyanobacter or Dino’s. you will find Dino’s also readily occurring on the front pane as a dusting and with low nitrates and phosphates. If you turkey blast cyanobacter carpets they come off more in pieces. Would you know phosphate and nitrate?
Also think if a UV may help to control future outbreaks.
Just tested both, 0 on both phosphate and nitrate. I am going to buy some of the bio brick and throw it in the back 2nd chamber.

GnarcoticFiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear, that’s typical for Dino’s. long long threat on R2R…. I have been quite successful with dosing nitrates and phosphates + UV.
What exactly do you dose? I’m having the same issue right now- Undetectable nitrates and 0 phosphates. I didn’t mean for it to get that low I was just doing too big of water changes without testing

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conservative? Take the skimmer cup off, take the sick’s out and feed heavy. Chemically, I make stock solutions and dose as required, though I also ran nitrates over the doser. The phosphate was sold OTC in the pharmacy, the nitrate is eBay. E41C5C88-36C6-4DCB-BC41-60BB016EE962.jpeg 880775F0-277F-4C04-B36C-58F7DDB8A545.jpeg

OP
OP
I

indiana812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested my levels (nitrates and phosphates) and they were both at 0. I added 4 of these but in the little bio balls (no longer sold on amazon for some reason).

Everything in the sand started to clear up within a few days and keeps getting better! - However now i have a brown hair"ish" algae on my rocks which wont come off when i use a baster on it. I was told to get a small sea hare to have it clean the rocks.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back