DinoX and algae scrubber

KimG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Continuing my endless battle with dinos, I have been trying dinox on my frag tank. So far the results look promising.
I'm thinking about trying it on my display. However, my main nutrient export is a algae turf scrubber.
From the description it looks like it could affect the scrubber. As anyone tried dinox with a scrubber? Will it kill the algae in the scrubber?
Thanks

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no experience with dino-x, but I did take my ATS off-line for 2 months while dosing vibrant. I don't know if it mattered - since I essentially have to regrow an algae mat anyway, but I kept it in a baggy and it has some algae left, so maybe it will not take long. I spit my drain between the ATS and a skimmer, so for me, one advantage was I could direct all the flow to the skimmer with the ATS offline - since heavy wet skimming was recommended.

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cured my Dino's by only Scrubbing. I turned off my skimmer and added a second scrubber. I noticed dino's like to grow on the scrubber. It took 4 months total to beat them with only scrubbing nothing else.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back