DinoX

Reef Jedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve given up on all natural ways to get rid of dinos. I’ve been battling them since June. NOPOX has been working well but they are still in the system. I ordered Dino X from BRS and it should be here tomorrow. I’m stocked heavy mixed reef, 4 fish and 1 shrimp. Also cuc. Do I need to QT fish and inverts for a Dino X treatment. I’ve never used the stuff and I’m kinda scared adding anything to the DT. Anyone have experience with this stuff I would love to hear from you.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I wouldn’t feed dinos a carbon source.

The dinoX reviews are mixed as anything reef.

Let’s bump and get some eyes from the #reefsqaud.
We’ve gotten as many dino threads as ick this past couple years. So there’s some good combined knowledge there.

OP
OP
Reef Jedi

Reef Jedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We’ve gotten as many dino threads as ick this past couple years. So there’s some good combined knowledge there.

I was really hoping to starve them with the NOPOX. Corals are doing very well with no bad signs and I’m still getting good growth. The dinos were so bad about 4 months ago I almost tore the tank down. Every single inch was basically covered. No matter how much I changed water and syphoned them out they came back strong in a day even. I am running 2 mp10’s so flow isn’t an issue. I’ve actually found less flow seems to be better as they don’t come back so fast. However my sps don’t have near the PE with a lower flow. So it’s a toss up in between. Right now I am seeing the dinos on only some of the rocks and definitely the back wall. Also the refuge in the basement is chock full of it. You can see some in this picture on the rocks like I said it’s not any where near as bad as it once was
4592B759-32BC-4BE4-B5B2-E94F234D7B53.jpeg

You can see them along the back wall in this picture.

2A1AC105-BFE1-4553-A952-D28151249B30.jpeg

Over all I thought I beat them last water change as I really have been working on their removal. But in just a day or so they came back like this. This is one tough creature to beat.

This picture was one day after a water change. With little/no signs of it. 2 days later it came back (first two pictures)
874EA1ED-3736-48EB-B28A-FFF3DD319296.jpeg

OP
OP
Reef Jedi

Reef Jedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also I found if I stop nopox they explode back immediately over night.

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a BIG fan of DinoX. Never lost s fish, coral, or invert. People that have had this issue dont follow all the instructions. Go to fauna marins website and download the FULL instructions and follow exactly.

OP
OP
Reef Jedi

Reef Jedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a BIG fan of DinoX. Never lost s fish, coral, or invert. People that have had this issue dont follow all the instructions. Go to fauna marins website and download the FULL instructions and follow exactly.

I’m just worried I’ll never get rid of it. This has been a tough battle. One that has drove me almost to total restart. But some of the corals I love so much and have been growing for 2 years so far I couldn’t give up on them.

I was looking at their instructions last night. Is it this you are talking about?

http://cm-distributors.com/download/709/

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really hoping to starve them with the NOPOX. Corals are doing very well with no bad signs and I’m still getting good growth. The dinos were so bad about 4 months ago I almost tore the tank down. Every single inch was basically covered. No matter how much I changed water and syphoned them out they came back strong in a day even. I am running 2 mp10’s so flow isn’t an issue. I’ve actually found less flow seems to be better as they don’t come back so fast. However my sps don’t have near the PE with a lower flow. So it’s a toss up in between. Right now I am seeing the dinos on only some of the rocks and definitely the back wall. Also the refuge in the basement is chock full of it. You can see some in this picture on the rocks like I said it’s not any where near as bad as it once was
4592B759-32BC-4BE4-B5B2-E94F234D7B53.jpeg

You can see them along the back wall in this picture.

2A1AC105-BFE1-4553-A952-D28151249B30.jpeg

Over all I thought I beat them last water change as I really have been working on their removal. But in just a day or so they came back like this. This is one tough creature to beat.

This picture was one day after a water change. With little/no signs of it. 2 days later it came back (first two pictures)
874EA1ED-3736-48EB-B28A-FFF3DD319296.jpeg
Wow. This is so odd from other outbreaks. Nothing on the sand. Little on the rocks.

OP
OP
Reef Jedi

Reef Jedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. This is so odd from other outbreaks. Nothing on the sand. Little on the rocks.

Oh it’s definetly on the sand lol. I’ll take some more photos tomorrow. These pictures were what I had on my phone from last week. In just 5 days it’s all over the sand again. It’s never ending

NYC Penciler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just came across this thread. I’m battling what I now think are Dino’s. I’m thinking about starting Dino X. Did you ever conquer the beast?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back