Dip to get rid of algea on LPS?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’ve got algea growing in the heads of my green candy canes. What dip can I do to kill it but not hurt them?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this should not be dipped its best for precision dentistry and rasping. the coral itself can likely do an easy half hour out of water, this is a 5 min job/safe

all in the air

no dip

use an extended tiny knife to rasp off all the algae like a dentist would detail a big tooth and avoid the gums. when the entire skeleton is model-cleaned then apply peroxide with a small paintbrush to the formerly anchored zones which are now 100% metal rasped and not there.

rinse off in saltwater, put back. if you ever get algae on a rock that is removable, do the same. trick of the millennia

nothing touches the coral flesh w this method. air is not a big deal to lps, my candies could do an hour in air easily they're already on youtube doing 33 mins.

it will take some work to be detailed, consider it like building a train model/tiny scrapes it'll look great.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this should not be dipped its best for precision dentistry and rasping. the coral itself can likely do an easy half hour out of water, this is a 5 min job/safe

all in the air

no dip

use an extended tiny knife to rasp off all the algae like a dentist would detail a big tooth and avoid the gums. when the entire skeleton is model-cleaned then apply peroxide with a small paintbrush to the formerly anchored zones which are now 100% metal rasped and not there.

rinse off in saltwater, put back. if you ever get algae on a rock that is removable, do the same. trick of the millennia

nothing touches the coral flesh w this method. air is not a big deal to lps, my candies could do an hour in air easily they're already on youtube doing 33 mins.
I’m gonna give this a shot and get back to you.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can u take pics we have a huge thread of rasping work, its fun to be exacting and make it shocking fixed before/after pics

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its ok the fun of the rescue is it. the other day on tv this little poodle looked like a flat disc of hair and then after groomers/jazz paws it was moving with quickness and zest
we like the rescue work

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back