Directly connecting Apex to wifi extender to avoid disconnects?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U

User1

View Badges
I am not sure you need to, just plugging in the ethernet cable makes my use that connection by default.

You don't need to, correct. But you also don't want it left broadcasting if you are using hard wire / cat5/6. Less noise, visibility, etc. No need to make things easy for hackers although I've not heard of an apex being hacked a lot of people forget to change the local user / password.

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to, correct. But you also don't want it left broadcasting if you are using hard wire / cat5/6. Less noise, visibility, etc. No need to make things easy for hackers although I've not heard of an apex being hacked a lot of people forget to change the local user / password.

All i see is 'Wifi: Enabled' i dont see where to disable it (already rebooted after direct connecting)

U

User1

View Badges
If you have it wired now just disable wifi and reboot. It should no longer broadcast and the hot spot should no longer be visible. At least that is what I remember doing. I only disabled it before but it was still showing. Then found a post by Russ I believe that said to restart or bounce it.

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have it wired now just disable wifi and reboot. It should no longer broadcast and the hot spot should no longer be visible. At least that is what I remember doing. I only disabled it before but it was still showing. Then found a post by Russ I believe that said to restart or bounce it.

Im saying i don't see a disable option. Its hiding from me lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back