Discos stinging SPS

GCL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is getting a bit crowded and I’ve got several areas where corals are battling for space. The only one that concerns me at the moment though is a jawbreaker I have is starting to touch the base of a PC rainbow colony I have on the same rock. Just curious if anyone has experience with something similar, as I’d like to prevent either from too much damage. Can they coexist? Should I chip off the shroom or move the acro? Thanks for any advice: I melted a large Sunkist mushroom recently due to my conch pushing it under some yumas.

85C52D4F-B825-4E32-942E-F2C1F645DE7B.jpeg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines coexisiting with meteor shower but it killed the meteor shower back where it touches the mushroom.
Mushroom will win 100% and the sps might start to STN from the irritation.
My meteor shower is much hardier than a sps stick.

Pc rainbow is my favorite OG stick so chip that shroom off before it lays babies everywhere!

OP
OP
GCL

GCL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank BTW!
Thanks! Im happy with it and want to upgrade tanks but have to wait for now. I have been avoiding chipping at the rock because it makes me nervous and I like the overgrown look but I would hate to lose the colony so it looks like it’s time.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move them onto their own little mushroom island in the sand with your rics.
I know theres not much space but the shrooms should be fine together vs them stinging your lps and sps.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back