Discosoma not doing as well as Rhodactis and Ricordea mushrooms

CRath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a problem. I have a tank that is healthily growing all sorts of corals including Rhodactis and Ricordea (both yuma and flordia). I just got a Discosoma mushroom which has rapidly declined despite being at the same light level and amount of flow as the other mushrooms in my tank. I do have the Discosoma placed away from the other shrooms to make sure that they cant fight. I can't seem to figure out why the Discosoma is unhappy while the other shrooms are happy as can be. My parameters completely usual. If anyone knows if Discosoma are particularly more difficult to keep or need a significantly different placement than other shrooms I could really use the help.

Nitrates: 5ppm
Phosphates: 0.5ppm
Alkalinity: 9
Calcium: 400
Magnesium: 1200

Lighting: AI prime HD (growing everything from Acros and Montis to Chalices, Hammers, and the other shrooms)

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Discos are pretty easy in my experience especially compared to some ricordea. Is it possible they need to be acclimated to the new light and flow they are in? I keep mine in low to medium light and low to medium flow.

OP
OP
CRath

CRath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Discos are pretty easy in my experience especially compared to some ricordea. Is it possible they need to be acclimated to the new light and flow they are in? I keep mine in low to medium light and low to medium flow.
I think I found a spot for one of the discos. it came off its little rock and I squished it in a little shaded crack. it is opening up a little more, but hasn't attached. I'm going to move the other shroom soon if it decided to attach and open.

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it doesn’t stay you can get a little bowl or tub and put some rubble in it and put some mesh over the top to keep it from blowing away and it’ll attach to the rubble eventually. That’s usually what I do with leathers, and other softies I need to attach to something

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back