Discosoma - too much light? Has 7-10 purple specks on it

lostrider

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This discosoma mushroom has been in my aquarium for a day. It’s is fluorescent orange underneath my light (harder to see in pictures—very bright orange under my blue lights which I can’t portray with my iPhone camera). But what can you see are 7-10 purple dots near its bottom and three near it’s top. Some of the fluorescent part got rubbed off while I was gluing it to my rock this morning , but I’ve noticed some purple dots there now in the evening.

I was reading online that could be a symptom of too much light. It is near the bottom of my aquarium and my Rhodactis at the same depth as it is doing ok.

Should I leave it for now since it’s only been a day? I am running Aaron’s Custom AB on my AI Prime 16 (taken from the Fluval Evo Facebook group). Let me know what y’all think. Thanks!

EDIT: ammonia is 0, nitrites are 0, nitrates are around 10ppm.

91D92F79-0593-42AD-8A58-6E40A46733C2.jpeg 4DB405B6-776A-4F2F-A525-EBFD1C40445C.jpeg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it some time to adjust.
FYI, mushrooms don't do well when you try to glue them. They will also move if they are not happy (and will slime their way off the glue if it even stuck in the first place).
So, if you find the disco has relocated, you can take that as a probable sign that it didn't like the light, flow, etc, in its former location.
Good luck! :)

OP
OP
L

lostrider

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. So the mushroom is on top of a piece of rock, and that rock is glued to the frag plug. And the plug is the one glued to my rock.

thanks for the advice. I was thinking of giving it a day to adjust but just wanted to hear from people here as well. Thanks for helping a noob :)

Back