Discover the Reef Institute! Win a $1,000 Gift Card!

Mrxia0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how the program brings awareness to the youth. Teaching kids conservation at an early age will help them grow to be more environmentally conscious.

Steve Erekson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"it is estimated globally, that by the year 2050, 90% or more of the world’s coral will be gone. "

This is terrifyingly soon and something I really don't want to see.

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 4:
Yuma Ricordea.jpg

I'm a big mushroom fan the Yuma Ricordea is one of my favs I don't have one yet but plan on adding one soon. the pop of colour is amazing

Veeg379

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed. Learned that even though lion fish are invasive species in Florida, The Reef Institute keeps two of them for research and educational purposes. One even had a dislocated jaw and requires a tube for feeding.

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Subscribed. I was under the impression that we were already experiencing 90% overall coral loss. The Reef Institute corrected me stating that by the year 2050 we will be experiencing a 90% coral loss.

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed, what i learned and honestly can't say I liked this, that the reef closest to me only has 3-5% left!!! I can say I like what they're doing, I like that the push isn't just for us in the here and now but to integrate learning in k-12...thats huge. While we all here in the hobby feel like we bring people in when we show off our tank, these guys are actively pushing to save the real reefs...by bringing the fact that our reefs are dying. I'll be honest, as I mentioned its not something I liked when I learned it. But it needs to be said

Not even gonna bonus enter, no offense Shane your tenuis is that hot hot fire , but to be honest these guys are doing work and id feel bad piggybacking

Last edited:

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i did not know about all the corals we have lost/killed, so sad, it makes me happy to know that there are people out there that can help like them

Roush2000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love the outreach to children to try and immerse them in marine biology and create a new generation of enthusiasts with our oceans!!!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 160 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.5%

Back