Discover the Reef Institute! Win a $1,000 Gift Card!

Raysup88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last semester interns researched mineral and chemical sunscreens to help make informed decisions of the efficacy of human impact on our coral reefs. Pretty interesting think about it

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I signed up too! Love the idea of the institute partnering with schools. Making kids aware and getting them involved is super-important!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I subscribed to their newsletter and I also made a donation. I think this is awesome what they are doing and will continue to check in on their website.

BlackGoldReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Discover the Reef Institute! Win a $1,000 Gift Card!​

2.png

Reef2Reefers, gather 'round! This is your chance to win a $1,000 gift card! However, the real prize is that everyone wins here by discovering the amazing work that The Reef Institute is doing for education, research, and coral conservation/reef restoration!

One of our winners from Reef2Reef's Christmas Toy Drive has graciously donated their prize (a $1,000 gift card to SBB Corals) in order to sponsor this amazing giveaway. Their only request was that we use this giveaway as an opportunity to introduce you all to The Reef Institute and make sure you are aware of the great work they're doing to give back to the ocean reefs we love so much!

For those of you unfamiliar with The Reef Institute, please check out their website and their Introduction Thread. This contest will be a lot of fun, and we hope you all will be excited to get to know the great folks at @The Reef Institute and let them know that Reef2Reef is a community that is excited about the work they're doing!

HOW TO ENTER

Official Entry:
Visit The Reef Institute website (CLICK HERE!), subscribe to The Reef Institute's newsletter (on their homepage), and make a post in this thread about 1 thing you learned or liked on the site. Winner will need to verify they are subscribed to the newsletter.

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Check out The Reef Institute's introduction thread, and welcome them to Reef2Reef by commenting in that thread with a comment or question about their work.
Bonus 2: Like and follow Reef Institute on Facebook CLICK HERE!
Bonus 3: Post something on why the coral reefs are important to us.
Bonus 4: Share a 1 picture of your favorite coral.
Bonus 5: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

A $1,000 gift card to SBB Corals!

Our winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on February 22, 2021! (Last day to enter is February 21st.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Thanks to @The Reef Institute for the great work you are doing and for being part of our community! Thanks to our prize donor for your generosity and helping us to spread the word!

#r2rgiveaway
I wasn’t aware there was such an organization. I liked the adopt a coral program and the different levels of sponsorship. It was also very said to read that a new disease has wiped out 50 % of the coral reef tract in Florida.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entered and subscribed.

I like how they offer tours to donators. Its nice to be able to see where donations go. Also I like how they are working to educate the public on why its important to save the reefs.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 3: Coral reefs are important because the amount of biological diversity that can be used in new research like medicines, but also the reefs protect the coasts from erosion and storm surges.

Rhoads238

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good monring!

Ive subscribed to their newsletter, and completed bonus 1,2,3,4,5 and as the bonus I am a r2r supporter.

Bonus 3: The reefs are important because their biodiversity . Losing the reefs may cause a ripple effect that would be detrimental to other ecosystems, in addition to the loss of a food source for people in the local area.

Bonus 4 Favorite Coral: It's hard to pick just one but probably walt disney acro.

1611148117412.png

Bonus 5, shared the contest on facebook.

moonwaxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the fact that they are teaching young kids about the reefs and what is happening to them. ITs key to get young people involved now at an early age as they will continue to care and help organizations like this through out there live time. love it!!
I too have subscribed to the new letter. will be donating when I get home from work today

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back